Author: greatwall_sg

US - A Nation of Waitresses and Bartenders [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-6 13:55:26 |Display all floors

Reply #13 greendragon's post

Actually yes and I'm monitoring your every move hahah!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 14:22:38 |Display all floors
Reply#5 changabula

Actually thinking about it, Waitresses and Bartenders can be a noble profession.

You don't say.  The Chinese mostly made their fortune in the US by peddling fortune cookies in family run restaurants and from there bankrolled the education of the next generation.  It deserves your respect.

Nowadays, all you hear is would be immigrants want to go to Orange County and pull shifts at 7-11 or Burger Kings.

China is also looking at developing their service industry to greater degree, while refining their manufacturing sector to achieve better cost efficiency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 21:52:51 |Display all floors

Reply #5 --- changabula's post...

You wrote,

"Actually thinking about it, Waitresses and Bartenders can be a noble profession.
They do not have to feel ashamed of it!"

Being a waiter or bartender is actually beneath me.  I am much too good to actually work at one of these humiliating jobs to support myself.

I would much rather beg for money on a street corner.  Or, better yet, just live off the rest of society by letting the United States government support me.  They have plenty of money that they borrow from other nations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 23:22:06 |Display all floors

US Employment Statistics....

The following links to the US Department of Labor provides a wealth of statistical information on employment career distribution, salary, etc.

The following link shows that 'service occupations' accounted for about 19% of the workforce in 2004, and is projected to grow to 20% in 2014.  Includes, but not limited to, waiters and bartenders.

http://www.bls.gov/emp/emptab1.htm

This one is the web page.

http://www.bls.gov/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 07:54:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2007-3-6 21:52
Being a waiter or bartender is actually beneath me.  I am much too good to actually work at one of these humiliating jobs to support myself.

I would much rather beg for money on a street corner.  Or, better yet, just live off the rest of society by letting the United States government support me.  They have plenty of money that they borrow from other nations.

You are actually quite stupid!

I thought that you were sensible because you write a lot of words to cloud your true feelings.

Every job has got some saving grace. There are a lot of sensible people that are bartenders, some of them more intelligent than your President! Yet he has got the top job!

Remember, not everyone can have the top job. You never know what the future may bring in terms of the economy. You could end up bartending!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 11:15:42 |Display all floors

Reply #15 frothow's post

I knew it!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 22:36:43 |Display all floors

Reply #19 --- changabula's post...

What are they teaching you in school?  I cannot believe you cannot recognize sarcasm when you read it.

Definition of sarcasm:

"Sarcasm is a form of irony that attacks a person or belief through harsh and bitter remarks that often mean the opposite of what they say. "

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.