Author: maxdoing

Sharing happyness in English [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-4 12:15:21 |Display all floors
dear maxdoing, I'd really appreciate your recommendation, and I'm sure I can benefit from your opinion. I don't mean to bother you much , but there are something really confuse me , would you be so kind as to help me?
1.There are always a lot of words that seems familiar but I just can not remember their meanings ,especially when it reads so fluently and the meaning of which is just around corner but I just can't think of it, I will be very depressed then and refer to the dictionary  for another time. Is there some effective way to memorize the words firmly ?
2.Even though I know the meaning of quite a few words , I don't know how to  use them, or more specifically, I can easily translate a word or phrace into Chinese but it will be more difficult for me to turn a Chinese word into English. What should I do if I want to try to put newly leart words into practice and have a good command of them?
3. There are quite a lot of words that are rarely used. How could a foreigner pick them up when they are needed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 12:25:43 |Display all floors
And what's more , I've got to apologize for I mistake "junior" for "senior" . Although I really enjoy your compliment but I have to tell you the truth that I sometimes make such silly mistakes. Anyway, I will try hard to make myself worthy of  your praise one day .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 14:52:40 |Display all floors

good

thanks for sharing !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 21:44:02 |Display all floors

integrity

What you mentioned here about the learning English issues is bothering me,too. The diffculty is how to use English to think, not just use it to translate. It takes time. There is no short cut to skip this issue as I know.

Today, I discussed with my colleague about the English speaking topic. He told me that a poor educated American can live comfortable and communicate easily by just no more than 1500 vocabulary. Is that interesting? So I think the critical point to communicate is proficiently using the common word and sentence structure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 22:26:19 |Display all floors
Yes , I agree to it. But the fact is we have few oppotunities to talk or think in Eglish in school. The teachers only put emphases on grammer and the skill to pass the exams during the class, while after class, no one would like to talk in English, unless it is ensential. And the only thing I can do is to practice myself at home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 22:29:24 |Display all floors
maxdoing
It' s too late , and it is the high time I should go to bed or I will be tired during the class tomorrow. I'm glad to have met such a kind man as you. See you later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-11 11:59:00 |Display all floors

Yesterday, I joined my company's job affair and interviewed three people, two rejected and the other shortlisted. Jointed with my previous interview experience, I feel it's really hard to join my company and There is a big lack of intermediate or high level talents in China. For example, Even some of the people are team leader or even project manager here in China, but they still can not answer most questions quite correct. This make difference. There is a long way for chinese folks to step in Global Business. I feel lucky that I have involved in  such a global company and have more opportunity to know and learn internatinal stardard and mode.

Integrity, Have you decided on which major you will choose in future?

I was one of the backbone in my previous company which is chinese local one., and maybe one of the best in its region It took me a long time to decide staying in local company where I can get a higher income and perhaps more chance to be a high-level manager,  or join a global one which means I have to adapt new environment and pay more pain. But now, I have no doubt about my decision. As what I'm always seeing, Global business and In my region, IT, is penetrating deeper and deepr in China, people needs to recognize that you are not only a chinese, but also a man leaving in the earth, you world is not limited in one country. Money is not everything, right? .... :)yes, we can not leave it, too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.