Views: 12598|Replies: 13

chinese valentine's day, lantern festival? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-28 13:45:32 |Display all floors
prefer lantern festival (March 4) over western VD and wanna spend it with him~~a sunday~~

any thing different to do in beijing~~?

[ Last edited by mahumahu at 2007-2-28 02:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 22:42:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mahumahu at 2007-2-28 13:45
prefer lantern festival (March 4) over western VD and wanna spend it with him~~a sunday~~

ohhhhh?
Latern Festival isn't Chinese Vanlentine's day...
or am I wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 22:58:02 |Display all floors
Chinese valentine's day falls on lunar Jul.7, while Lantern Festival is lunar Jan.15. how can you make them a same day?
Maybe your anxiety to be with him made you crazy
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 10:12:07 |Display all floors

the fact is:

there is no officially designated Chinese valentine's day,

some call July 15, the lunar calendar chinese  valentine's day, cause it's the day witnessing the annual meeting of Niulang and Zhinv;

while others call January 15 the chinese  valentine's day, cause it's the day when chinese unmarried girls put lanterns in the river making wishes for finding a nice husband~~

according to some chinese sources

[ Last edited by mahumahu at 2007-3-1 10:13 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 11:17:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mahumahu at 2007-3-1 10:12
there is no officially designated Chinese valentine's day,

some call July 15, the lunar calendar chinese  valentine's day, cause it's the day witnessing the annual meeting of Niulang and  ...

oh,,,,yes....

I remembered I read of this when I am reading the lyric by Xin qi ji......

I forgot the name of the Lyric......

but the most famous sentense will never escape my mind,,hehe...

zong li xun ta qian bai du, mo ran hui shou, na ren que zai, deng huo lan shan chu.....

It is said that women in feudal times often dressed up on Latern Festival....
Women seldom go out but on that day, almost all women will go out and have fun...
Thus they would dress up .....
heeee...that's the background of the famous lyric....

but,...am I right?,,,,,eh.....z z z ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-2 13:48:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-6 11:19:33 |Display all floors

Once upon a time ...

Lantern festival shares the same sentiment of valentine's day. The first time I heard the story was from my great grandma.

Imaging hundred and thousand years ago, big city and bright light, hustling and bustling, had not come to disturb our Chinese everyday lives. girls lived in their house surrounded by the dark green brick wall, making chit-chat in their own chambers, wandering in the oriental gardens, looking at their pretty faces in the tranquil ponds ... They were forbidden to go out alone.

They were longing for the lantern night. This was the only night of the year they were free. After the night fell, the sea of lanterns were shimmering and glistening, girls would sneak away from the crowd to meet their young men, murmuring and whispering, exchanging love tokens, making vow, promising to meet again at the same place and at the same time next year, saying good bye again and again with their tear swelling, parting was a sweet sorrow  ...  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a footnote, my great grandma passed away at the age of 96 a few years ago.

Originally posted by mahumahu at 2007-2-28 13:45
prefer lantern festival (March 4) over western VD and wanna spend it with him~~:$:$a sunday~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.