Author: ronglimeng

Foot Massage ? - No Thanks [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-28 21:20:54 |Display all floors

someone stalking me outhere...

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-2-28 04:13 AM

Hi pitran.I die for massage.I love it so much.I never get bored.I had it many times in Beijing last summer.Oh I miss it.

hello, xilaren...just kidding!  i did reply your podting about how did know greek, but i guess my posting is lost in the mail again & again...it might showing someday.  the internet super info highway provides us all sort of services...and that's where i come in to take the advantage of FREE services.  i guess you & i are addicted to massage & massage there i heard is soooo cheap!  take care & i will talk to you later!    peter  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 18:05:18 |Display all floors
most of them come from the countryside to the cities where they are housed and trained by the companies and then work to save for a few years; they don't make very much and one would be worried for their hands from the effect of dipping in water everyday for years.

if can afford, give them bigger tips even if they don't do well; it's not about money for the customer and for them, the money they earn they can use to do something better later.

all of them are of good nature so always be courteous and considerate to them, and say a good word of them to their supervisors, so that they will be promoted faster.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 03:58:57 |Display all floors

i have to stop...

hi, mark--your message for me is very powerful one, and i never understood if you didn't post this at all (and i only know how to laugh & laugh it hard) .  from now on, i have to be a more mature & try to understand people do what they have to do in order to survive...this is heart breaking for me to realize that i am so darn lucky.  again, thank you & god bless to all of us!    peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-12 11:42:46 |Display all floors

let's get realistic

Originally posted by markwu at 2007-3-1 18:05
most of them come from the countryside to the cities where they are housed and trained by the companies and then work to save for a few years; they don't make very much and one would be worried for ...

Hi, but do you think the tips will go directly to the girl? Nope, she can only take 20% -40% off  the tips.the rest will go to the boss. i think
sympathy just cannot solve the problem here. the gap between rich and poor is something we cannot change. i am, myself struggling two jobs trying to earn more to pay off everything. i am not rich..

the first time i was there, there's no prior notice that i should tip. me and my friends were actually trying the the body massage with the price at 90RMB for an hour, which included the foot massage as a free extra service. (usually foot massa is at the price of 20RMB/ hour) after the foot massa, the girl handed over a tip note asking us to tip. Since you cannot tip none, all of us were tipping 15RMB which was the middle among 10,15 & 20 RMB. it's no big deal right? what made us surprised was that after the body massa, we were asked to tip again. So it ended up with an extra of 30RMB. that is 120RMB in total. felt like getting robbed.

anyway, i can understand your concerns over those who rush to the city to earn more. there are a lot more issues to talk about regarding the poor...the thing is you cannot save everyone.. you have your own family to raise...and other things...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 05:10:25 |Display all floors
The foot massage places that I've been to in southern Guandong, the "workers" keep their tips.  I generally tip yibai kuai because they are doing a job that many do not covet.   Most of them are countryside people who just want to work and earn money for themselves and/or families.  I have never met one that said they liked their work but it beats working in a factory for less money.
Most of them are just honest and ordinary people.  I do NOT look down on them as a different "class" of people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 06:10:03 |Display all floors

can food again for dinner tonight...

china is developing rapidly, and most of the villagers migrate to the city to survive, then what happens to their farms.  urban folks depend on farmers to supply their daily fix.  if most of the farmers become city workers then what happens to the food chain?  more imports & more can foods?  i just don't get it right!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.