Author: changabula

Is it Right to Steal Another Nation's Heritage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-1 12:18:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-3-1 06:26

And China thanks the west for looking after all these artifacts while China went about destroying them during the CR. Now that China's running a bit low on cultural relics, we'd like that stuff y ...

A truly sick supremacist. The facts that an eastern civilization has greater historical heritage than you and your ancestors made you bloody envy. Robbing fine eastern historical treasure won't make you higher, it just show your sick mentality.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 13:13:59 |Display all floors
China a greater historical heritage than the UK?  Then where is it?  All I see when I walk around Chinese cities are pig-ugly Soviet-era gulag-style housing blocks, and skyscrapers.

Heck, even in my area of Hackney which is grim inner city London, we had interesting historical sites such as Sutton House.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 16:17:58 |Display all floors

Dog eats dog.

Dear renegadedog,

You wouldn't know treasure if you trip over it my lad. You stay in your natural surrounds in Hackney with the grim and soot and be happy. Culture, heritage, art and craft are too way above your head . So there is no need for you to worry yourself sick over them. Go and get your curry-n-chips and have a warm pint of beer on me. Swill is more your scene. OK ?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 17:55:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-3-1 18:17
Dear renegadedog,

You wouldn't know treasure if you trip over it my lad. You stay in your natural surrounds in Hackney with the grim and soot and be happy. Culture, heritage, art and craft are too way above your head .

Yeah, renegadedog, learn your lesson from Mengzhi.

Didn't you know that there are no sooty polluted areas in China.
Iron smelting, shipbuilding, coal mines. You name it, in China it all takes place in pristine and carefully modernised architectural masterpieces from the early Ming era.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 18:21:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-3-1 17:55
Iron smelting, shipbuilding, coal mines. You name it, in China it all takes place in pristine and carefully modernised architectural masterpieces from the early Ming era. ...

Yeah, and you and your kind already 'exporting dirty industries' much earlier, You live in fine environment in the expense of poor developing nation.

Just like Lawrence Summers said in 1993 "Let them eat pollution!"

Sick supremacist.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 18:24:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by renegadedog9 at 2007-3-1 13:13
China a greater historical heritage than the UK?  Then where is it?  All I see when I walk around Chinese cities are pig-ugly Soviet-era gulag-style housing blocks, and skyscrapers.

Remember that your ancestors' 'good ol days' of imperialism?  Your ancestors plundered and ransacked our national treasure and you come here ridiculing it? If they are not so valuable to you, ask your government to return it back.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 18:27:24 |Display all floors

The pot and the kettle.

Emu the mouth from the south is running on empty, pity. Is this the best you can offer nowadays ? The Westerners are still guilty of philandering and desecrating other people's treasure, the dead and eveything else. It is just too crass to steal dead bodies and keep them for " scientific studies " !  And the Australians laugh and criticise the Japs for harpooning whales for " scientific studies ". Same same humbug and hypocrisy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.