Author: dgateway

How to survive Chun Wan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-28 18:13:07 |Display all floors
Chun wan, a scapegoat of we Chinese being unable to celebrate Spring Festival in a traditional and interesting way...when's the last time you saw other people celebrate a traditional meaningful festival in the way of watching TV? How do Japanese celebrate their new year?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 18:19:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dgateway at 2007-2-27 11:53
Going through the Spring Festival time into the new year in China is like a bride going through the honeymoon of a new marriage, full of excitement, full of happiness, and full of wonderful expecta ...

May your karma gets ripen quickly to reap what you sow.

Normally Spring festivals are to be filled with good thoughts for the 15 days

& more importantly fill them with good deeds.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 19:16:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justforthis at 2007-2-28 15:51
to ivy20025 :
u have a misunderstanding about CHUNWAN.

as a matter of fact, many of us chinese dont like CHUNWAN, many people watch it, though. it is the fact that the audience rating is high w ...

misunderstanding?
eh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 19:18:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2007-2-28 18:13
Chun wan, a scapegoat of we Chinese being unable to celebrate Spring Festival in a traditional and interesting way...when's the last time you saw other people celebrate a traditional meaningful fes ...

oh...no...
we can celebrate in many ways..
I like fire works,,

But I ..seldom see wu shi and wu long~~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 21:42:58 |Display all floors

Entertainment show for spring festival on CCTV

Most Chinese believe this kind of entertaimment cheat people
Chun wan can not take to people the joies
so it spent many money but the effect is very poor
     ★ENGLISH FUNS?★
【MyQQ:7316564】
【I AM WAITING FOR U】

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 02:01:58 |Display all floors
I am Chinese, born in Shanghai, raised in Shanghai and most likely will die in Shanghai someday.  As they say about New Yorkers, I say, once a Shanghainese, always a Shanghainese.

I need to add a note to confess that my disdain for Chun Wan partly comes out of some frustration with aging. Like many of you here, I started to watch Chun Wan like attending Sunday morning service as a little boy. One thing I remember clearly is the little drama show performed by Zhu Shimao and Chen Peisi. That was some twenty years ago. Twenty years later, Zhu Shimao's hair is as shining black as ever, and Chen Peisi is brightly bald as ever. And then I look into the mirror every morning, can't help noticing the gradually more gray hair propping up. And then I ask myself, what the heck I have been doing in those twenty some years? Time, like Chun Wan, is ruthless too. No wonder I feel like saying "if it is inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it."

To amyamy, sorry for the vagary of my language. In real life, I am a civilized person. But obviously this post survived China Daily's editing board (albeit with much protest from me for changing my post title). Like beauty, I guess, the righteousness of fvck is also in the eyes of beholder.

[ Last edited by dgateway at 2007-3-1 02:25 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 02:08:48 |Display all floors
Adding another note. My venom is not just at Chun Wan, but at SARFT in general. Here is a short paragraph I wrote some time ago, and I think it is appropriate for the context. If SARFT is king, then Chun Wan is the king of kings.

On SARFT

If you think that Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's boorish media mogul/prime minister is a laughing stock of media concentration, you haven't seen nothing yet. Wait to explore the complex and comprehensive empire of SARFT, China's state administration of radio, film and television. As its name unabashedly reveals, sarft's operating philosophy is content to anyone, anywhere, anytime, but only on its terms. It operates the largest film studio, the largest and almost all TV programming assets, the largest and almost all cable distribution assets, the only direct broadcast satellite company, countless radio stations, terrestrial TV broadcasting stations and many many more peripheral businesses. It even owns several factories that manufacture set-top-boxes. Truly fat water not in others' land. Mother of all integration, you name it, vertical, horizontal, diagonal, or whatever integration possible on earth. Dream of conglomerate zealots, envy of media moguls, it will make Rupert Murdoch a dwarf compared to the almighty SARFT. As if concentration sees no boundary, SARFT is also charged with the dubious task of regulation and censorship. It endorses its own content, censors that of its competitors. Imagine the monstrous combination of FCC, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, Time Warner, Disney, Vivendi, DirecTV, Echostar, Comcast, Cox, Clear Channel, Scientific Atlanta, Motorola, XM radio, Sirus radio, many many more local stations. They should really let SARFT go IPO, and I am sure will command trillions of market capitalization! There is an old saying that content is king. But in China, SARFT is king.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.