Author: deebogg

Can a parental problem quench love? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-5 13:50:17 |Display all floors

Hi

Hello deebog

Your story is identical to my experience but my girl did not tell me anything at first - she just suddenly stopped wanting to speak to me. Only when I begged her did she tell me a reason for her sudden change. She told me she had just been pretending to love me, then she told me she had met a better man to marry, then she told me she wanted her old boyfriend, then she told me she didn't love him. Eventually she told me her parents were the reason, they were afraid I would take her far away and they don't want to go to Europe. After that she did some things that indicated that she did love me - and then she cut off all contact with me.

I never tried to chase after her like you did because I could sense that would not work and would only make her problems. I loved her very much so I walked away. I know she has just got married. Chinese girl is very strong sometimes, and will "do the right thing" for her family, but I think it is easier to get married to please other people (family) but maybe impossible to stay married to please them. All her parents knew about me is that I am white, and to her (she said) I am rich and powerful. To me she was powerful and without her I am not rich.

This problem is so hard to accept but I always accept it and it will keep happening to me.

So you are not the only one!

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 19:06:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-3-5 13:50
Hello deebog

Your story is identical to my experience but my girl did not tell me anything at first - she just suddenly stopped wanting to speak to me. Only when I begged her did she tell me a r ...

I will let her go and i will never chase her anymore. Life goes on

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 20:22:01 |Display all floors

never tried to meet their parents?

they are not devils. they are just another loving parents who cherish their daughter more than anything else. imagined enemies are looming larger. try to understand them, respect them, even love them, and relieve their anxiety and lessen pressure on your girlfriend.
try everything u can think of, be brave and creative.  even if u try and fail at the last ditch, u shall leave no regrets.  
of course, all these depend on one precondition or presumption that deep in your heart, she is the Mrs. Right, who deserves all these troubles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 22:26:41 |Display all floors

re

Maybe i am facing the similar problem with you. But my situation is a little better.Now i will talk about my stroy.
      My GF met me when we went together to Baikal to have a field science review.After we got back, we fell in love.But when she told her parents about this,they were absolutely against for our relation. The reason was very funny:because my hometown is in the nouth of Jiangsu,while hers is  in the south.Espcially her father thought if she married me, her family will be laught on for ever.So depressed when i heard this !To my gratification,my dear GF sticked to stay together with me.This gave me much encourage that i was behanving myself to win their favor.To tell you the truth, now i have get the 1/3 success.Present what i need to make every effert to de better and better~~
      So ,the same best wishes to you ~~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-7 08:47:28 |Display all floors
nope a parental problem cannot quench love , I should know I have the worst possible parental problem you can get , apart from me only having a mother the kicker is that she is a racist , try explaining that to your g/f that your mother hates her because she is asian , we are going to marry soon so if we can get over that kind of obstical then you should have no problems :) good luck
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-9 11:37:25 |Display all floors
Some parents actually  think that  they are going to marry the lady or the gentlemen not their son or daughter!:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.