Author: eric7321005

a festival in rural area [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-27 01:46:31 |Display all floors
I love that second picture! It's so great!!!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 13:42:00 |Display all floors

kinda reminds me of my childhood years in the countryside

I like both 2nd and 3rd ones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 03:51:02 |Display all floors

Great Pictures!!!

Tears in my eyes when I saw this picture.

It was when I was a boy, father gave 5 jiao to me for the spring festival.  That would be my first hongbao though it was not called hongbao then.  Don't laugh at me and don't blame my father, he eared only 40 yuan something per month as his salary then, which was the normal wage for normal people at that time.  For a family of 5, this 5 jiao was really a big money for me then.

I put it into one of the pockets in my trousers and dashed out to the downtown.  I wanted to buy a brush pen as l liked calligraphy at that time.  Yes, you got it, when I put my hand into the pocket to take out the money, it was not there.  My pocket was broken...there was a big hole in my pocket...

I stood in front of the counter...and told the shop assistant to take back the brush because I lost my money.  She smiled and took out 2 jiao from her own pocket and put it into the drawer, and...gave the brush to me.

It took me some time to save enough and I returned the money back to her.

For the rest of my life, I can't elaborate  how many times I got hongbaos and how much they were, and I don't remember how many times I gave out hongbaos and how much they were, this 5 jiao occupied my mind whenever the hongbao season/occasion comes.

Thanks for sharing...great pictures!!!
It was me....jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 04:45:52 |Display all floors

they are sure the cutest of all...

Originally posted by eric7321005 at 2007-2-23 09:48 AM
Don't forget those in the vast countryside during the festival, this is an event for all.

Caption: A child receives gift money from folk villagers at a village in Heze, east C ...

hi, eric--how did you compile these pictures?  these are the cutest kids that i have ever seen (wishing i am that too) !  would you able to show me how to post pictures (step by step) on chinadaily, cuz i am handicap in reading chinese (okay i am handicap in writting too) ?  thank you for sharing those lovely pix.  take care!   peter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 17:55:58 |Display all floors

a good photo tells the whole story

Originally posted by pjtran at 2007-2-28 04:45

hi, eric--how did you compile these pictures?  these are the cutest kids that i have ever seen (wishing i am that too) !  would you able to show me how to post pictures (step by step) on chinad ...

I like it that you love these pictures, I love them, too. I took the photos when I came back to my hometown for Spring Festival, and those kids live in the same village as my grandmother.

you don't know how to post pictures on this forum? you can see the "browse" 浏览 button when reply a post, press it and select a photo on your computer, open it, then it's OK!

but I also don't know how to paste several pictures at a time, so I just reply and reply and reply to upload

anyone can teach me, and pjtran?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 21:30:19 |Display all floors

feel like a dinosaur...

Originally posted by eric7321005 at 2007-2-28 04:55 AM

I like it that you love these pictures, I love them, too. I took the photos when I came back to my hometown for Spring Festival, and those kids live in the same village as my grandmother.

hi, eric--i hardly speak to any little chinese children here in the US, cuz they are all little brats & speaking english...so, it's no sense of talking to these little rascals (get out of my face) .  but the kids you have posted were so cute & naive, and i think i can learn chinese from them real quick (i do that with my fiancee's nieces & nephews in nanchang over the fone few times a week...it's a wonderful feeling to be young with those lovely kids.  thanks for the tips how to attach fotos.  oh, eric...tell those kids i say HI but don't scare them away!  and yet, ev'ry picture tells a story & these kids tell more than a story...we all can see the joy on their face.   take care & bai for now!   peter  

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2007-2-28 08:31 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-28 21:53:57 |Display all floors
I love Spring Festival and  those pictures.

The feeling of Spring Festival is very good.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.