Author: xilaren

Have you ever been on a crash diet? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-24 22:55:46 |Display all floors
How do you get 2000 calories in a single meal? You can blame the people hosting the lunch/dinner, but you have to exercise some self-restraint, too. 2000 calories is a lot of food; surely you must get full before you reach that number. If you're full, stop eating. If people ask why, just say you've had enough. If they press you, tell them you're trying to watch what you eat. They should understand; most people have been on a diet at one point or another.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-2-25 02:33:57 |Display all floors

please count

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-2-24 22:55
How do you get 2000 calories in a single meal? You can blame the people hosting the lunch/dinner, but you have to exercise some self-restraint, too. 2000 calories is a lot of food; surely you must  ...

A normal greek meal includes cheese pies ,legume pies ,meat pies ect.
One piece of pie means 300 calories.It also includes some spaghetti dishes ,mousaka ,plus some kinds of cheese.
This is a normal meal.Two pieces of pie means 600 calories ,some cheese means 300 ,some salad means 100 ,oil is fattening,
The main dish includes meat which has 400 calories plus 200 the potatoes or pasta.
Then the dessert.One piece of chocolate cake is 500 calories.Some wine about 100.
Sorry I made a mistake.
I take 3000 calories when I am invited to a meal.This happens twice a week.
You see.I  have not included bread ,some liquer or soft drinks as a starter.Maybe some peanuts.
This is normal.Greek people insist that you should eat.I can't say No all the time.My God I want to escape from all these .
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 12:46:13 |Display all floors
In that case, you're going to have to integrate some exercise into your routine. You say your job doesn't give you time, but if you have time to watch 20 minutes or so of TV (or whatever) per day, you have time to do sit-ups, push-ups, wall sits, jumping jacks and so on. Do it while you're watching TV if you want; it gives you entertainment. If you absolutely can't say no at these meals to more food, then you're going to have to exercise or just accept yourself as you are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 15:58:52 |Display all floors

You have known why, what, how, when...

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-2-24 16:38
It is true that the mediterranean diet is really healthy especially due to olive oil.
We do not follow just this diet.Butter and cheese are really fattening.Plus the sweets which all the greek p ...

What you need most is to believe it works for you and others as long as they do not have obesity or diabetes. Don't say you are born with it. This is another form of fatalism!

Of course, everybody can blame the evolution! You see, thousands and thousands years ago, our ancestors would eat as possible as they could when they had food, as they didn't know if they still had food next few weeks, and their bodies had learned gradually to store the fat for the rainy days to burn and keep their bodies warm.

This capacity had passed on to us from our ancestors. However, nowadays there is enough basic food for us to eat and store, eat and store, on and on, for the rainy days or wintry days. Huh?

Ideally, you will hire a nutrition or fitness coach to keep an eye on your progress and to tell you when it is too much or not. Otherwise, just follow your own simple plan. Don抰 give up, you can do it, this is not rocket science!

Simple fact, standing up burns twice as many calories as sitting down.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 15:59:58 |Display all floors

re

Lately I have refuse many invitations .I am going to cut off this habit.I prefer staying at home .I am 62 kilos now.I want to be 58.This is my normal style.I do not like to be skiny.I just want to be fit  according to my style.My style is not of a skinny woman.
Thank you very much for your advice.I think I will buy an electric corridor and add some exercise at home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 21:55:46 |Display all floors
I eat a lot and I'm don't get fat because I do a lot of sports every day,especially I run 3km every day.
I'm a newcomer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 22:05:06 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by clarksnz33 at 2007-2-26 21:55
I eat a lot and I'm don't get fat because I do a lot of sports every day,especially I run 3km every day.

When I was in China for 15 days I did not put on any weight either although I ate a lot.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.