Author: tekvicious

Is the Chinese Media Biased? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-26 21:46:38 |Display all floors
I have never argued that the American media isn't biased...but it is not all biased and controlled by the SAME MASTER. That makes it kind of like a room full of Americans. They all want the best for America but all have different ideas on how. AND THEY ARE ALLOWED TO SAY IT.

Feel free to contrast that to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 21:49:06 |Display all floors
zglobal- Why do you think that we don't know of 'western atrocities'? We know already. We don't compartmentalize nearly as much as our Eastern friends. In fact we are blabber mouths who air our dirty laundry. If someone wants to find out badly enough...he can find out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 22:26:54 |Display all floors

Reply #24 --- zglobal's post...

If you are not trying to drift off subject to another topic/discussion, I believe your five listed items are meant to provide evidence that Western (United States) media is biased (in favor?) regarding these policies/events.

But you did not state that or present an example of how those opposing these policies/events were 'muzzled' and prevented from speaking out against them.

In fact, I can recall reading about all of these things in the papers, magazines, or seeing them on television when they were occurring.  Because I am a little young to remember Vietnam, I have to rely on clips from old news broadcasts for those items.  Which I do remember seeing afterwards.

Pardon me for being slow to understand what your point is, but please provide some evidence to show that any news media criticizing these events/policies were prevented from stating their point of view?  Or are you criticizing the majority of the American public for not being outraged once they saw these news broadcasts?

[ Last edited by nosferatu at 2007-2-27 09:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 09:13:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 11:48:48 |Display all floors

In a dream

However one wishes to view the world, one can find a news agency that supports that view

if one is looking in the right place

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 12:14:09 |Display all floors
Of course Chinese media isn't biased... the world is a mess, the western countries and Japan are to blame for the problems, and everything is sunny and cheerful in harmonious P.R.C.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 12:17:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.