Author: tekvicious

Is the Chinese Media Biased? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-24 13:33:41 |Display all floors
Quit with the "lazy" comments,
Can't you just write without the personal attacks.

Of course Dick Cheney and the Americans are hypocritical in criticizing China's military build-up.

As for CNN's piece didn't see it and can't find it (I looked, care to provide a link)
So I can't comment.
However, it seems every polluter is under scrutiny these days (the U.S. and China included)
I certainly welcome China's efforts to curb pollution(and let's face it there is still a long ways to go)

The problem I see so often here is this: so many claims so little evidence
Doesn't that bother you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 15:15:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 17:57:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 17:59:31 |Display all floors
The western press is so terribly biased. its almost impossible for a press article not to be biased, but the depths of the jewish american press seems to know no limits of late.

the jewish american press is more insipid and I get to the sad situation where i prefer to read the lies on chinadaily than the "western press"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 22:04:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nosferatu at 2007-2-24 00:38
Please provide specific western media and the alleged lies you are referring to.

No, no, no, Nosferatu. You've got it wrong.

You don't refer to Reyquer's comments as "alleged" lies. Referring to them simply as lies is quite correct.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 01:11:20 |Display all floors

Reply reyquer & zglobal posts...

Once specific examples of Western media bias is presented, I will be able to respond.

If you have a claim or point to prove, then back it up.

Making the statement, "if you can find one article in China daily and time that is fair to the United States then provide it here. ", and then expecting others to do your research would reflect poorly on one's intelligence and debating skills.   If one cannot provide any info to back their claims up, the logical conclusion is they cannot find any.

A seperate post was alread created for Western media bias.  This topic is possible Chinese Media Bias in a 'Changing China' category.

Other forumites have already mentioned the heavy emphasis on anti-American, anti-British, anti-Australian, anti-Jewish, and anti-Christian posts listed in recommended reading.  Add that to the removal of topics discussing actual Chinese events which were critical of the PRC, and I believe that is a good start to justifyng that China Daily is biased towards hatemongering of the Western nations and religions.

I would much rather see a recommended list of items promoting Chinese culture, people, government.  Why can't China Daily limit recommended reading to positive messages?  Even positive propaganda is better reading then insulting hate-filled messages being promoted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 12:02:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.