Author: abcdefghijkl

Guangzhou [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-23 12:18:45 |Display all floors

not so sure anymore...

i'm not sure if i want to tell people that i'm a cantonese person, b/c the entire province of guangdong is destroyed by factories, migrant workers & all the shangrilas have been going there for years!  i'm not born in china rather in vietnam, but i have been to many parts of china & guangdong's my ancestor turf has been by environment for two decades already...and it's so sad for me to visited there & experienced it myself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 16:34:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2007-9-18 14:51
I lived in GZ for a year. I hated it! Too crowded, noisy, dirty, expensive and even light pollution at night and shopping, what a nightmare. The upsides, plenty of restaurants, great supermarkets, great bars (when I was allowed to go), the people were wonderful, great bookstores where I could buy English language novels and it's proximity to Shenzhen and HK, not to mention, it's a major travel hub so I could easily go anywhere in China from Baiyun Airport.

hehe..ANY big cities in China is the same crowded....noisy...dirty...expensive.....polluted...
unless you are forever living in the rural areas,.......but guess you will not..
and you , for one, are hurrying to cities for a job and better life qualities... aren't you?

when you say that...i assume you can never understand the real beauty..
the beauty that is beyonds words...

for me...my experience in Canton has been great...so impressive..
I like the nice people there...Their warm smiles....the beautiful languages... oh...yep...the assorted nice food.. oh...

OH...REMEMBER...IN our Cantonese' mind...Guangzhou's English name is Canton..Guangzhou is only the pinyin...Canton is English........Canton has rich culture..but Guangzhou doesn't... Canton is a famous port...over 2222 years in history...it is great....

it is so fun...you guys translating "shang xia jiu" to "up down night" street~~~~oh...so creative and fun~~

People are not rushing there for free samples~~
but..well..this is Canton..always full of people..especially that street~~

I think...well...if ,say, shang xia jiu is dirty...too crowded...a street nearby..with the name" Zhuangyuan fang" should be your nightmare~~it is so crowded that you can't even pass through...but..it is very popular among the youngsters...............it is good...I like it~~

If you think it is too crowded...Beijing Road might be a better choice to shop..but...remember...it is no less crowded... in the business zones in Canton...there are always lots of people~~~~
Yi's Fan..huge fan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 19:19:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-5 20:02:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-6 15:46:17 |Display all floors
so crowded,ha! it is like wangfujing in BeiJing.
i went to GuangZhou Jan this year ,but i did not come here.
who can describe this street particularly?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-7 19:48:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-9 14:45:17 |Display all floors

I just come back from GZ yesterday.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.