Views: 84787|Replies: 297

Best way to meet members of the opposite sex? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-21 06:20:25 |Display all floors
For those of us here who are still single, where do you find is the best place to meet new people?

I think everyone agrees that through friends is one really good way but there tends to be a limited pool of people who know your friends and then it's hit or miss if you actually are compatible with any of those so what are some other good ideas....  

I think one of the best ways is a class in a hobby, craft or other skill   becuase it's fun and you tend to meet people who you already have something in common with  .  Any other good ideas?

I am taking a cooking class with a married female friend of mine and we are assuming most of the class will be female - pretty tricky of me, huh?   I actually DO like cooking so my main motive is the cooking.....   :)

[ Last edited by mark069 at 2007-2-20 02:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 19:34:02 |Display all floors
I have been thinking of dancing classes. Atleast what I have heard there is many single girls :)
Actually it would be nice to learn to dance with a girl :)
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-25 21:09:37 |Display all floors
I'm gonna attend a university most of which are girls this year.
My purpose?Just study there.
I'm a newcomer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 02:08:55 |Display all floors
I agree that dancing classes would be a good place to meet girls. There are always a shortage of guys in such places. Coffee shops are also a good place to meet decent girls, you go there, enjoy a coffee or some other drink and read a book. This way you'll enjoy the drink, the book, and who knows ..... maybe meet someone as well.

Also some places where there's good potential are Museums and Volunteer groups and such. This way you already weed out the occasional loosers that one might meet in a club. Clubs are the worst place to meet people, giving that what kind of human relation can develop when both parties are seemingly drunk, hehe.

Good Luck :)
"You do not have a second chance at making a first impression"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 02:41:50 |Display all floors
Mark,

I just read your thread about this girl you went out with in December (The Japanese-American one) and it seems like a classic thing in the US.
I lived in the states for 6 years and I know what you're talking about. I used to go out with some girls and take them to a nice dinner and so on then they almost all the time want you to take care of the bill.
This would be alright, even though the bill might be steep sometimes depending on the restaurant.

I also encountered few girls who would go out with you only to have a good meal and few drink, on your account of course so I changed the way I did things.

Here's the better approach, first date would take place in a coffee shop, a Starbucks, or a bookstore which have a coffeeshop. This way you meet the girl that you're interested in,  you get to talk to her and see how she is. You can actually hear what she's saying and you don't have to spend a $100,00 on a dinner to discover she's going to be permanently busy after that.

With best of luck....
"You do not have a second chance at making a first impression"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 03:37:37 |Display all floors
when you get to your cooking class mark and find there are heaps of single men wondering where all the single women are you might want  to try some of the touchy feely things that women like , try tai chi , pilates , massage , aromatherapy , dancing is a good one but avoid the old time dancing :) you might get stuck with granny as your partner :) grannys hurt your toes.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 06:32:34 |Display all floors
I would be surprised if there were many men in the cooking class - I'll post the results when the class begins in late March....   There's a class at my local gym called "Amp'd Abs" for working out your abdomen in order to get a six pack and when I went to class I was the only guy in the class - I actually felt very uncomfortable and I wish there were a few more men in this class.....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.