Author: zglobal

China Beware [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-20 15:40:17 |Display all floors
colorfulwolf,

Thank you for being honest. Please continue.

Note to chinese,

You should reflect on why some foreigners have very strong sentiments against the chinese. Is it time to put more effort into understanding their culture and their perspective?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 15:44:40 |Display all floors
I have one last thing to add.

I cannot, and will not attempt to, represent THE Chinese people. The Chinese people is a vast people of 1.3 billions... I am vain, but  i am not vain enough to think that I can represent so many people. (And to think what a trouble it would be)

If I can represent anyone, I only (want to) represent myself.

Westerners rested assured that chinese who can see through your lies and propaganda like I did remained a minority (like 0.001% of the total population). So you still yet have a chance at ultimately deconstructing China. Keep it up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:01:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:11:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-2-19 17:52
Why don't you learn Zen Buddhism, Taoism or one of the many philosophies that the Chinese gave to the world?

Weren't these banned at some stage under communism?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:14:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-2-20 06:33
to #07 and #13
by calling a race "people of low quality" and its culture "backwards superstitous crap" reveals the writer is kinda "morally inferior" creature.  

Please note, that Sockmonkey didn't criticise Chinese people's culture, just the fact that Changabula didn't practice what he preached.
Speaking of which, doesn't this post from Chang also reek of the racism you criticised from post #07 ?

Originally posted by changabula at 2007-2-19 17:49
Its because you have not been brought up to follow any guiding principles.

Who taught you good values to have? What philosophy do you have to guide you? Do all of you just make up your own as you go along?

It seems that the reason most of you people lack values is because your culture lacks it. ...

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-2-20 06:19 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 17:07:29 |Display all floors

infidels beware Zuraffo wants apartheid

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 09:58:58 |Display all floors

to #39

my compliments for your commenting of Chinese culture.  Ours has 5,000 year accumulation, respect of  the elderly and caring for the young,  saving for the future and the offspring, and hardship endurance, among the mostly implemented till today. Yet some aliens, of whatever motives, attack ours as "backward", "counterpart-productive to development" and "low-quality". Is this your western "freedom of speech"?

"If half the marriages are failing, and I presume nearly half the children end up with parents that are separated, that is a failure of society."  Is it a failure of society? or "freedom of choice", the pearl of the crown of Western democracy?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.