Author: zglobal

China Beware [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-20 08:07:21 |Display all floors
Ah, yes, because unsubstantiated claims like "Mine will always be higher than yours!" are just so credible...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:08:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-2-20 08:07
Ah, yes, because unsubstantiated claims like "Mine will always be higher than yours!" are just so credible...

Of course! Don't you understand?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:11:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-2-20 08:06

Show the proof ... (this could be fun)

You will be enlightened and "see the proof" if you stick that Guitar where the sun don't shine!
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:18:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 20-2-2007 12:11 AM
You will be enlightened and "see the proof" if you stick that Guitar where the sun don't shine!

So your age is below double-figures then?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:19:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 20-2-2007 12:07 AM

Socko ... I think I would prefer whampy and yang back
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:21:03 |Display all floors
I don't know... is changabula going to insult my sick mother?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:23:20 |Display all floors

Ah ...

Changbang loves his Googling ...

So I will end with:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/f ... /0,,1145624,00.html

7. Prawns could give you cancer

When? March 2002
The headlines: 'Natural prawn killers' (Sun).

The story: Warm-water prawns from Asia were withdrawn from supermarkets amid fears about the illegal drug nitrofurans - used to kill micro-organisms in overcrowded shrimp farms and believed to cause cancer in humans. Nine UK retailers, including Sainsbury's, Tesco, Safeway, Iceland and the Co-op were asked to remove suspect batches from their shelves. Sales of tiger prawns fell.

The spin: The news was yet more ammunition for the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF), opposed to the intensive farming of prawns. In June 2003, it launched a campaign based on its report 'Smash and Grab', a damning exposé of the industry. It made headline news.

The facts: In tests conducted by the FSA in March 2002, 16 out of 77 samples tested contained nitrofurans.

The twist: No one died and the scare was quickly forgotten. However, the EJF campaign stuck in people's minds. Most people know there is problem with prawns but few can remember what it is!

So, don't go believing and recycling everything you read chang (I know that would reduce your credible post count to about zero )

[ Last edited by tmphgt at 2007-2-20 12:27 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.