Author: love_ray

talk about the key to success [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-18 23:53:19 |Display all floors
patience is an important element
if u wanna surpass others, u have to pay more than them.for instance,focusing on yyour work and spending less time on entertainment. this is always extremely boring. no one but people who are patient enough is able to stick.
otherwise,whether u would be successful is  not only decided by yourself,but by if your work can be recognized by others.so however wise or hardworking you are,if u make others unpleasent ,your work will not be able to recognized.acting on this contention, i do not do something even i am able to do it ,for i must be patient to find a appropriate oppurtunity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 12:51:21 |Display all floors

aim the gun at the right target before fire

Originally posted by gpanda at 2007-2-18 23:53
patience is an important element
if u wanna surpass others, u have to pay more than them.for instance,focusing on yyour work and spending less time on entertainment. this is always extremely borin ...

working without aim is like a ship without directions
·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴° summer whisper·°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 14:18:41 |Display all floors

-

Love,
   I.Q and genius can be a burden to someone who does not exactly fit in with their surrounding culture....Yes I agree with our inability to measure I.Q. in a defining way that is useful to the individual who is being tested.... But the first sentence defines the problem with the short time factor.....Geniusus can be ahead of their time in innovations but without the means to achieve a meaningful result such as lack of recognition, availability of sufficient education to bring the individual to a level of achievement leaves him/her having to deal with a society that does not think quite in line with him/her.
   I believe there is a lot more undiscovered genius potential in humans that has never been discovered because they have been rejected or put into a class of weird, strange, insane or even outcasts.

Since I am old and getting older, I am seeing many different interpretations of success. Of course most of those on the forum see success as financial independence and fame. That accounts for their youthful aspirations.
   As we age into our 30's, wealth and power having escaped most of our grasp, a more conservative definition begins to form to just having enough to keep up with the neighbors, they have a new car, we have a new car, they have a boat, we'll get a boat, They added a recreation room to the back of their house so we will add one with a swimming pool. Generally this lasts up to the late age of the 40's.......Then the definition changes again to more concern for their now failing health, college for the children, getting a new car every 3-4 years and probably divorce somewhere in the near future. Now the definition becomes "keeping it all together", get the children through college, keep the car running one more year and hope the wife does not start having sex with the guy who cleans the swimming pool.........When the 50's roll around, your children are about finished with college, your wife or husband has gotten over their need to re-discover their youth with another and life begins to take on a new meaning. Success is now the preparation to retirement, will there be enough? Or will you be a door greeter at Wal Mart? Will the wife turn lesbian or the husband turn homosexual or molest children? Who cares anymore you just have to get everything together to keep from starving to death or dying while you are retired. The 60's bring on new meaning to success. That comes in the form of the children asking for a loan that will never be repaid to buy their first house. You now buy a used car in fair condition and sell the house to get out from the expense of taxes, heating, electricity, rising insurance costs and all the repairs that your now aging house needs.  The profit you made goes to the down payment for the children's house and there might be enough to get a small condo or apartment in a warm climate where the heating bills will not consume your tiny retirement pay. That is all after the government taxes your profits from the sale of the house.........
                                                                          or

You can take life as it comes....... To me that is success......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 15:14:43 |Display all floors

-

To create a formula for success I think you need to find out who you are and how you fit in today's world.

Some of the quotes from successful people are:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...... That means you might have to take chances in life. One of the things that will help in taking a chance is "Plan your work and work your plan". That means learn everything you can about what you are about to do. Create a plan from what you have learned. Look for flaws and openings in your plan that could change the outcome and find ways to control outside influence. Stick to the plan as you have outlined it. Compare your plan with other successful things people have done in similar efforts.

Follow your gut.............. That means "instinct". If something tells you it is not a good idea, then "follow your gut feeling" it is a real physical feeling you get in your stomach. You might try to find a way out of it or just don't do it. Instinct or "gut" has been around for thousands of years. No, it's not scientific but like a lot of things in life can be something that saves you from a lot of problems later.

Integrity..............No matter what you do, you are known for your integrity. That means doing the right thing. How you treat the people around you. How you respect yourself. How honest you are with yourself and others. Integrity is earned by doing the right thing. Integrity is the respect others have for you and knowing you are reliable to do the right thing. Integrity comes with time and experience. With each experience with other people, it will build and at some point in time, you will be regarded as an individual with integrity. That is worth more than wealth and power. You will always be a target for someone to try to take advantage of you. Your integrity can be a shield against people trying to take advantage of you.

Focus...........Know what you want and keep your focus on it. But at the same time be aware of the things around you......

Sequential Thinking...........Comes hand in hand with focus. Sequential Thinking is understanding "cause and effect". Sequential Thinking is the process of looking at the "parts and the whole" and how they are related. Sequential Thinking is "comparing and classifying" the factors that are involved with what you are trying to do..... Remember I said to "compare your plan with another who was successful"?   Sequential Thinking takes time to learn. It is not taught in school, or some mystical place. It is a human process of analysis of a situation. Very difficult to learn at first but becomes second nature once you have it.

Only you as an individual can decide what your definition of success can be. You must also always leave the option available to change your definition. Enlightenment and understanding of yourself and the world around you can only come from within you..... Not a guru or any teacher. They can only help you along the path.

Your answer is within you and only you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 16:04:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2007-2-19 14:18
Love,
   I.Q and genius can be a burden to someone who does not exactly fit in with their surrounding culture....Yes I agree with our inability to measure I.Q. in a defining way that is useful to  ...

Yes,the success of various ages differ a lot from each other , haha. i think it is so fun..but there are times when our Chinese students regard going to eminent university as their permanent goal and these strange atmosphere is prevalent in Chinese society. My anger aroused each time when I come across it and run into such person. what irritated me most before is one time when I ask a college student what his ideal is in the future. But the response I originally hold high expectation on is remarkable unthinkable and provoking,he said:I have successfully achieve the most important turning point in my life—pass the college entrance exam, there is nothing I long for except steady income,adequate clothing housing and food.u know,I felt as if my heart was broken,I almost burst into tears,that is the tears from my soul.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 16:17:12 |Display all floors

our young generation is not capable of inheriting

Our college students, Do they forget to do their bit to our lovely and booming country?they are too selfish.frankly speaking,I haven’t seen an excellent architect of our country after comrade deng. I’m not denying our leader xiang and hu.but this is what they did and contribute is too trivial or insignificant to mention when compared when deng,not to say chairman mao,in the period flooded with blood rain when Chinese are suffering from strong power from foreign countries,they behave out of imagination they never give up and only cling to the hope that one day china will stand up.how can our young generation inherit and carry forward these fine traditions?no way,because our young generation have compromised in front of the exam-based education.they ‘ve became slavery of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 16:38:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by love_ray at 2007-2-19 12:51

working without aim is like a ship without directions

i quite agree with u.
but before we reach our destination, we may under an arduous journey.for instance,paying much but obtaining a few,being regarded with contempt by others,having no opportunity to illustrate our capability.during this period,patience is as important as destination:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.