Author: rainbow

Looking for the analysis of Letter to Lord Chestfield [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-17 01:24:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2007-2-16 16:57

Thanks for your response. It is out of my capability to analyze such a prose.

bollocks

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 03:38:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2007-2-16 17:00

Edchan, I have browsed all of it but found nothing which is helpful for me. Thanks, anyway.

Rainbow:
either you are too lazy or you are not capable of extracting info and make it to your own advantage.  No article is going to tell you "analysis of the letter ....".  You have to pick out the info and assemble them and then turn it into your own words. That is researcfh. If you just copy and paste it, then it is plagiarism which can easily be found out by your professor.

-- 1. in the first article:
Adam Smith to Stanhope:
I shall trouble your Lordship no further than to observe that in a conversation which Mr Ferguson and I had with the Sollicitor General, he gave it as his opinion that a Court of Equity would oblige My Lord Chesterfield to indemnify your Lordship for what you had undertaken as a Guardian for the Education of your Pupil.
-- you rewrite it as:
"a Court of Equity would oblige Lord Chesterfield to indemnify Chesterfield for what he had undertaken as a Guardian for the Education of his Pupil.  This opinion is not well taken by Lord Chesterfield as it seemed to be revealed by Admas to Stanhope's letter."
--

After you gather and assemble enough info, you form your essay. That will be your analysis. If you just cut and paste that is called a bastardized plagiarism and is bad for you if you make that a habit.  Good luck.

[ Last edited by edchan at 2007-2-17 05:30 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 08:22:13 |Display all floors
Dear Edchan,

It’s not for my paper. I just read and look for these for fun. Is a native Chinese able to understand this very well? I suppose even some of Americans don’t. When I asked my American coworkers foot of poetry, they just stared at me. One of them taught English in the one of the universities in Zhe Jiang before. I just want to learn how to appreciate this prose better from the background, writing skill during holiday vacation for relaxation.  Do I deserve to be criticized as laziness or plagiarism? I’m not a student any more for many years and of course, I am not a teacher. But thanks for your lesson today.

Your Most Humble Pupil,

Rainbow

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2007-2-17 08:24 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 08:49:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rainbow at 2007-2-17 08:22
Dear Edchan,

It’s not for my paper. I just read and look for these for fun. Is a native Chinese able to understand this very well? I suppose even some of Americans don’t. When I asked my Ameri ...

Straight answer to your question --- No.  may be 1 in 15 Americanscan handle that kind  of Eng Lit.  When you ask for analysis of a piece of Eng Lit it is understood that you are majoring in Literature.

If you just read it for English improvement, analyzing a pc of work is the wrong way to go.  All you need to do is read and read and in the course of time, it will sink in.
The fact I said that is that there are plenty of info in the articles quoted -- you just have to search.  In this case you did not get the info after you search and look for it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 22:27:38 |Display all floors

Your Most Humble Pupil

Originally posted by rainbow at 2007-2-17 08:22
Dear Edchan,
...Is a native Chinese able to understand this very well? I suppose even some of Americans don’t. ...  Do I deserve to be criticized as laziness or plagiarism? I’m not a student any more for many years and of course, I am not a teacher. But thanks for your lesson today.

Your Most Humble Pupil

Rainbow, you're already beginning to master the Johnsonesque style. I think you sell youself short.

Happy New Year!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.