Author: shakyamuni

High time China Adapts a More Evolved Writing System than HanZi [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-19 14:49:46 |Display all floors

speculation

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 14:53:19 |Display all floors
seneca,

Again you are confusing the issue here. I did not oppose to the INCLUSION of words and sound from other cultures. what I assert is that the chinese characters cannot be abolished. When and if foreign sounds and characters are included, it will be incorporated as a form of chinese characters.

And chinese is full of loan words from foreign culture. We just make them into characters.

Sometimes your twist of logic and lack of comprehension perplexed me. Because I would very much like to read the whole of your post but your first sentence has succesfully render the rest of your posts irrelevant. Nonetheless, I still finished your posts. There are good points but they are irrelevant to this discussion.

Because chinese characters do NOT limit the inclusion of foreign language and concept. The chinese characters have and will continue to incorporate foreign words and cultures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 15:56:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:28:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shakyamuni at 2007-2-18 03:52
Regarding India not having sophisticated language, Tongluren should know that the mother of all Indian languages "Sanskrit" is vastly superior to Chinese.  Linguists hail Sanskrit as one of the greatest languages in history of mankind. ...

And of course most European languages, as well as Iranian (Farsi) come from the same root, Proto Indo-European, the ancestor of some Indian languages.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:30:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zuraffo1981 at 2007-2-18 23:04
Please know that this kind of discussion is ultimately useless and only serve to generate racist sentiments.   

Yes, we certainly saw that when Tongloopy started spewing his racist bile.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:33:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by reyquer at 2007-2-19 00:06
so it is now clear, shakyamuni  recommend that all chinese dump their native tongue and all start using english , and for what , to make china an even greater success than it is now?

He said nothing of the sort.

Originally posted by zuraffo1981 at 2007-2-19 00:34
Shakyamuni:
If you are really interested look at what the Japanese has tried: The alphabetic components have failed to replace the characters. ...

But they're much easier to learn.
With a simple phrase book, I could sound out the names of the railway stations written in Hiragana, when Romaji characters were not displayed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 16:41:04 |Display all floors
Because Japanese is not tonal, it is a rather different kettle of fish though.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.