Author: alicehanyu

how foreigners spend Chinese spring festival? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-20 07:50:25 |Display all floors
I can speak to how I spent my Chinese New Year in 2005... I was living with a fellow study abroad student in Tongzhou, outside of Beijing. He and I intended to go see some of the parades in Beijing, but a teacher advised us to wait a few days for things to simmer down so we wouldn't get overwhelmed or pickpocketed. I guess, though, that we waited too long--by the time I went out to find the celebrations, there were none going on!

My language tutor invited me to her house for a couple of days shortly after the new year, and her parents stuffed me with food and we went to see some of the local sites.

In the time leading up to the Chinese new year, my roommate and I tried to sleep through the firecrackers going off incessantly. Earplugs would've been a great idea. It sounded like a battleground... I half expected someone to knock on our door and yell "The Mongols are coming!" or something.

I'd like to go back and re-experience it sometime...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 08:34:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-2-20 07:50
I'd like to go back and re-experience it sometime...

You can stay at my place if you hurry! There are still fireworks going on here & there, waking me up at 7:30 am three days in a row now. And I'm sure the temple fair won't run out of things to sell in the next few days.

I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-20 21:52:08 |Display all floors

in anhui

i m settled in nanchang for my own stuffs (temporarily).. and this spring festival i was at a chinese family in anhui province

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 00:51:01 |Display all floors
my first CNY in SZ and its amazing!

going from house to house... eating, drinking, and good times!
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.