So cruel

Super K you are always too harsh and cruel

like this cold wind that is now blowing across Chengdu

It was warm last week!
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 14:09:30 |Display all floors

Yesterday

I saw a 60 (plus) guy going out with two (20-25) year old giggly girls - he was a tourist type, I could tell.

I guess I don't hang around in the right places in Chengdu, where girls go to catch the right kind of foreigner.

Those kind of girls can sense that I know all the tricks (well most of them) so they avoid people like me.

gsmusasia - I am sure your girl was a nice lady, I'm just referring to what I have seen recently.

Oh- and Super K

I am not sure exactly what I need to "put up" and where in need to put it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 14:17:29 |Display all floors
It's interesting.  Here in Zhengzhou, it is not difficult at all.  The girls here are very eager to meet a foreigner, when they finally stop giggling with rosey red cheeks.  They often push each other forward to engage in conversation.  The image of this is really quite amusing.  Or when a pack of girls leave an elevator, and quickly state "Hello", or "Where are you from?".  

The more successful conversations with girls are when they inquire "Do you have a girlfriend?", to which I reply "No".  Then they try to progress the conversation further.  Eventually, when the topic of children comes in, their expressions turn to shock and it appears as though they want to flee.  Apperantly the desire to have 9 children is scary to woman no matter where in the world you are.

. . . come'on! My father was the 9th born of 13! (12 and 13 were TWINS!).

Oh well.  I'm not trying to get married at this point in my life anyway.

[Edited for grammer . . . and I'm an English teacher. Shame on me!!!]

[ Last edited by northkin at 2007-3-5 02:21 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 14:23:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northkin at 2007-3-5 14:17
when a pack of girls leave an elevator, and quickly state "Hello" or "Where are you from?"

yep...very interesting/amusing.......
:):)
i wanna know what you do next ......
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 14:27:01 |Display all floors

Interesting

Yes, I am not lonely if I go to other cities, it is only Chengdu. I can meet girls in other places, just here they ignore me.

The girls do seem to love foreign English teachers - I even tried pretending to be one but I eventually have to tell them the truth so that strategy is not a good one.

Chinese guys tell them what I do (the guys think it is a good thing, impressive somehow) but it scares the girls away. I think my job is not important but everyone wants to talk about it - except me.

Of course in other cities I will take more risks and I am not so careful about who I meet, but in Chengdu I have to be very careful because this is my back yard. So maybe this is the reason why Chengdu seems more difficult. Also, the other cities I visit for a purpose, so I have friends, contacts and work to do in those places - in Chengdu I just live, nothing else to do.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 14:47:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-3-5 14:27
The girls do seem to love foreign English teachers - I even tried pretending to be one but I eventually have to tell them the truth so that strategy is not a good one.

i think they'll pay more attention to foreigners disregarding the profession
***foreigners are different from Chinese ,eg complexion...............
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.