Author: i_smuggle

Who Manages The Money After Marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-21 02:23:03 |Display all floors
see the thing is... in reality, the one that controls the money has absolute "Power" in marriage

agree or disagree?
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-23 01:58:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i_smuggle at 2007-2-21 02:23
see the thing is... in reality, the one that controls the money has absolute "ower" in marriage

agree or disagree?

There is power in money...power in sex...power in well-prepared meals...power in the person who has the absolute control over the TV remote.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-23 07:05:14 |Display all floors
how about... the kids control their parents money...
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-23 09:56:35 |Display all floors
I think that the woman "controls" the money in the vast majority of households here.  It took quite a bit of time for my wife to accept that I wouldn't accept this.  I'm for joint accounts, but none of the banks here seem to have that option.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-26 02:18:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 101010 at 2007-2-23 09:56 AM
I think that the woman "controls" the money in the vast majority of households here

technically... thats defined as "financial abuse" under the umbrella of domestic violence,.. meaning, physical abuse is not the only way to control a person in a marriage setting
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 08:40:12 |Display all floors

I enjoy the struggle

Originally posted by i_smuggle at 2007-2-21 02:21

sounds like you enjoy (or in denial) living under the strong fisted dictatorship of your wife

Well, I enjoy the struggle. Marriage is supposed to be a 50:50 partnership. I was generous and accepted what I thought would be a 70:30 arrangement. However she is attacking my 30%. Currently the battle lines are shifting back and forth across the 75:25 line.

At our marriage banquet, I was warned by the Best Man:  "Shanghai women - they take good care of you, but they try to control you!".

Often she knows exactly how much loose change I am carrying in my pockets. That is really scary!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-1 10:24:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-3-1 08:40

Often she knows exactly how much loose change I am carrying in my pockets. That is really scary!!

That is a bit scary...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.