Author: i_smuggle

Who Manages The Money After Marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-16 03:50:20 |Display all floors
never say never s/a , you will meet someone that will rock your world one day :) I hope you will recognise it when it happens :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-16 15:19:21 |Display all floors
Can you even get a joint account at a Chinese bank? When I got married I tried to set one up, but the concept doesn't seem to exist here - accounts are only in one person's name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 00:31:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by i_smuggle at 2007-2-12 01:21
i dont know if this has been mentioned on this forum but... heres the scenario

the chinese husband brings home the paycheck... gives it up to the chinese wife who is in full control of the mone ...

There is a "strong" woman behind every "great" man!:) It is believed that 85% of the world's financial strings are in the hands of our deloved wives, mothers, sisters and aunts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-17 00:38:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by herringbone at 2007-2-16 15:19
Can you even get a joint account at a Chinese bank? When I got married I tried to set one up, but the concept doesn't seem to exist here - accounts are only in one person's name.

No problem setting up a joint account in the Bank of China!:)

In your case, you should have your own account (if they wouldn't let you open a joint account).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-18 14:57:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-2-16 06:50
never say never s/a , you will meet someone that will rock your world one day :) I hope you will recognise it when it happens :)

honestly..i think marriage is really distant from me..i can make a great lover..not a good wife...after all...marriage is too complicated...besides..its way too risky....hmm....not my type of thing...
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-19 23:31:44 |Display all floors

Who Manages the Money? - She does

It was quietly pointed out to me once in a Beijing restaurant that if you see the woman paying the bill, she is the wife; if the man is paying, he is the boyfriend.

My wife takes the lead role in handling our money, but  I take responsibility  as well. I also want to know where our money is going.

I think having a similar sense of responsibility for earning, saving, and spending money is important in a marriage. You just can't have one partner who is responsible and the other partner who is irresponsible.

I think most married couples in North America have joint accounts but some have separate accounts. I really don't understand couples who keep their money separate, either taking turns paying for different things, or having separate responsibility for different expenses. If you can't bring your money together, how can you bring your lives together?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 02:21:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2007-2-19 11:31 PM
If you can't bring your money together, how can you bring your lives together?

sounds like you enjoy (or in denial) living under the strong fisted dictatorship of your wife
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.