Author: modeststeam

Don't Spit in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-17 22:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-2-19 10:13
cities like L.A, Miami, S.F. and Washington D.C. are fairly tidy and clean,  but not New York, Chicago.

I suspect that even NY and Chicago are much cleaner than the majority of Chinese cities.  I am in Dalian which is known as one of the cleanest in China.  But when my parents came last year they still found it pretty dirty.  So just imagine what the worst are like.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 23:03:00 |Display all floors

why we do the things we do...

i really don't understand why we do some of the nastiest things on this planet (spittoon/cuspidor at the meeting room or even chamber pot...what the fyck is coming down overthere?).  i guess if there's a word/vovabulary in the dictionary then there will be something outhere to accompany that!  NYC is my home & home of hundred different ethnic groups...and i really don't find this city dirty at all except the chinese's community (you can feel like you're in asia...crowd, stink & dirty).  mostly the freaking guys (low esteem & zero mentality) that do some' like that in the public places!  and i wouldn't dare to walk close to any chinese's guy (immigrants) down in chinatown (you just never know what you gonna get...so freaking gross me out).  i can't go on & i must stop now.

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2007-3-17 10:05 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 11:02:28 |Display all floors
I live in Shanghai, and yes i am a native Chinese, but i hate these spitters. I found many, many people ( no matter he or she! and even a goodlooking lady!) spitting on the buses, on the streets, in the subway stations. I am confused whether it's a typical phenomenon in big cities? Those big cities are uglier than my little hometown city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 11:31:15 |Display all floors

Spit x 1 Million

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 11:55:15 |Display all floors

I too appreciate the freedoms here.

However, with freedom comes responsibility.
If you must spit please try to be discreet.
Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 11:57:55 |Display all floors
"Spit, spit, spit wherever and whenever you want.
I don’t but you are most welcome."

Spitting spreads disease, posing a public health risk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-20 21:37:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.