Author: boke_usa

Can you live in Shanghai on $1,000 USD a month? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-21 13:38:39 |Display all floors
I think it depends on you life style. There are so many place to you for consume

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-23 09:28:27 |Display all floors
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1
If I buy my own nightclub, it should be cheaper to party.

:) But that's another topic, isn't it...

Thanks to everyone for their comments ... Yes, I'm still thinking about Shanghai ...
... and counting my money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 18:53:45 |Display all floors

LuJiaZui Central Deluxe Apartment For Rent

(22000RMB/Month)
205sqm,4+1Beds,3iving,3Baths,Satellite TV
Terrace, High-level,Full view of Century Park
Adress:Rm1601,Block22,No.99 DongXiu Rd.
Close to MRT,Please call James13341994799

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 10:13:55 |Display all floors
I'm a local Shanhai people. I believe 1000USD/month is a dream for most young persons here to pursue. If you have connection here, you don't need worry about your life with that money. But for a foreigner, maybe it will not enough considering accommodation may cost you a lot. So it really depends on how you want to live here in Shanghai. If you live as the locals do and do not go the party often, you can survive. Otherwise, you can imagine what it will be. Frankly, I do not know other foreigners how to live in Shanghai. But I do know that  1000 USD/month is the minimum rent for the foreigners like the boss in my company living in Shanghai. Wow. So it really depends on your defition of living.
BTW, Hainan is a beautiful seaside city. Compared with it, Shanghai is more industrialized and busier than it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-9 22:43:37 |Display all floors
- ¥1500-1800 for an old apartment in low rise , usually with microwave, washer, air-conditioner, TV set.., 1bed room+1 drawing room, kitchen, toilet...

- ¥single way subway ticket  is around  ¥3-5, usually 4

- snack  ¥10-15 /meal , if you cook by yourself, it is cheaper. ¥500 / month enough

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 21:20:30 |Display all floors
It depends on how u wanna to spend it......hahaha
웃고 살자
화이팅
Alice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 00:01:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by james007 at 2007-6-6 02:53
                (22000RMB/Month)

$22000 RMB I think that amount is above my budget.
:) But the apartment does look beautiful.

Originally posted by freefish1983 at 2007-6-6 18:13
I'm a local Shanhai people. I believe 1000USD/month is a dream for most young persons here to pursue. If you have connection here, you don't need worry about your life with that money. But for a foreigner, maybe it will not enough considering accommodation may cost you a lot. So it really depends on how you want to live here in Shanghai. If you live as the locals do and do not go the party often, you can survive. Otherwise, you can imagine what it will be. Frankly, I do not know other foreigners how to live in Shanghai. But I do know that  1000 USD/month is the minimum rent for the foreigners like the boss in my company living in Shanghai. Wow. So it really depends on your defition of living.

BTW, Hainan is a beautiful seaside city. Compared with it, Shanghai is more industrialized and busier than it.

:) Thank you for your insights. I do think it would be much harder for a foreigner to survive
on what is a large amount for a Chinese person in Shanghai. I suspect the
weather and air quality is much better in Hainan ... but would it be too boring?

Originally posted by alice0710 at 2007-6-11 05:20
It depends on how u wanna to spend it......hahaha
---------------
웃고 살자
화이팅
Alice

I see your "signature" is in Korean ... How much can a Korean live on in Shanghai? :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.