Author: alwaysfresh

Why there are so many criminals in the US? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-4 15:12:47 |Display all floors
not only are there many criminals, there are also  a lot of serial killers, child molester, kidnapper, driveby shooter, mugger, bank holdupper  etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 18:39:16 |Display all floors

Good thing the US population is not too large or there would be more chaos

Good thing the US population is not too large or there would be more chaos. Yeah and the media tries to call all other countries bias. I think the US government should send their soldiers to the USA and first clean up their own dirty problems first before trying to tell others what to do.

Who would want to live in the US? Only those that read the non-stop US all good and can do no wrong newspapers own by US interest in foreign countries(There are so many of these outlets).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 21:31:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alwaysfresh at 2007-2-3 21:43
Why there are so many criminals in the US?

Is it to do with genes and genetic inheritance? This is a serious question.

The reason I say so is because there were mostly criminals that emigrated there in the beginning. Then they had a serious gun culture with all sorts of gangs running everything. Then decades of breeding could make people tend towards crime.

Anyway thats the thought thats running through my mind and I wanted to share it.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 21:35:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by alwaysfresh at 2007-2-5 18:39
I think the US government should send their soldiers to the USA and first clean up their own dirty problems first before trying to tell others what to do.

I think that they have better sense than to do that.

The American politicians know what a bunch of psychos and retards there are in the American army. Can you imagine unleashing that bunch on American cities. There will be nothing left.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 22:11:55 |Display all floors

Flawed Judicial System...

The Judicial System of the United States has been hijacked by the lawyers, who drag out trials and plea bargain for lesser sentences rather than letting the criminals receive a proper punishment.

The prisons have become resorts, with no real punishment except restricting criminals freedom to leave the institution.

If prisons enforced harsh punishment (making big rocks into small rocks) 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year for the entire sentence, the criminals might have a real deterrent.  Life sentences are not even really life sentences.  All states have different percentages of sentence served before a criminal can be released early.  This is why I favor the death penalty over life sentences for premeditated first degree murder crimes.

I am not advocating harsh penalties for all sentences (so called 'white-collar' crimes).  But murder, rape, kidnapping, child-molestation, etc. are some where prisoners should be sentenced to a prison in Northern Alaska where they can break rocks up for 30+ years.  No chance of parole.  No television.  No books.  Just a small cold room with little interaction with fellow prisoners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 23:58:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 5-2-2007 13:31

Is it to do with genes and genetic inheritance? This is a serious question.

chang, do you think genes and genetic inheritance is the source of corruption in China? I'm curious as to what your views are.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-6 03:45:47 |Display all floors
The definition of crimes is different in different countries. The reporting of many incidences are at different rates.
Whilst in China, I've seen things that would have resulted in lawsuits/ jailtime back home. The concept of liability is totally different, the personal worth concept is difference, etc.
There is no accurate way to compare the stats because the reporting of such is not equal.
Tek

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.