Author: momochong1

Is One Night Stand really popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-4 03:32:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by momochong1 at 2007-2-2 22:28
I was astonished at my UK colleague when she mentioned this word' One-night-stand' before me 3 years ago. As a traditional Chinese guy, I never heard of it before. However, One-night-stand seems mo ...

One-night-stand relationship is a very short-term relationship as the name explicitely described.

Would you prefer a one-night relationship or a longer-term relationship?
Would you be happy with a one-night relationship?
Under what conditions would people choose such a short-term relationship?
Would a one-night-stand relationship contribute postively to the stability of a nation?
Would a one-night-stand relationship good for raising the next generation?
What is the answer to the children who are the result of the one-night-stand relationship..."who is my mama and who is my Papa?".

Who are those people (involved in one-night-stand) anyway? Do they have a happy or sad story to share?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 09:51:38 |Display all floors
Commitment isn't for everyone.  Not everyone wants to feel "tied-down" with a relationship.  Westerners don't breed like rabbits, as you can clearly see from population demographics.  280 Million in America compared with 1.3 Billion in China and a little below that for India.  The thing to remember is that all people think differently, and if they feel that having a very short term relationship will satisfy them, great.  If not, that's fine, too.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 10:07:48 |Display all floors
Of corse prefer longer-term relationship. But longer-term relationship develops from short-term relationship.
Happpy, why not? as long as both agree to such relationship and do good safeguard. If feel better, can continud to develop further relationship, lover or spouse.
People feel so stressed, face many lures.
One-night-stand is a product of economy and society developed to a certain stage and accordinglu people' smind and ideas changed to a point. First stage as people maybe have immature mind and less experiences, the bad effects maybe be more than the positive sides, but gradually it will turn better and don't bring about too much to the stabiltiy of a nation.
One-night-stand have not much to do with raising the next generation, if the girl like, she can be a single mom, society will become to accept such case gradually. Even the married couple maybe be divorced that the kid will only have one parent. So single mom is not a big deal.
hi

UL/CSA listed sump&sewage pump supplier

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 10:54:53 |Display all floors

Reply #11 hellen1815's post

Well, that's how our society has become (with unchecked freedom and greater disregard for morality).

We continue to make mistakes, excuse our mistakes .... until we even justify them as of right and necessary.

Would irresponsible parenting or de-parenting not have a "dent" in the growth and development of our children, physically and mentally?

It think, YES.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 11:06:15 |Display all floors

Reply #12 immouse's post

By "our society", I am giving it a generic term, not referring to any particular country ....

but just how people behave in some countries which gradually becomes a trend and a character of that society.

--

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-4 11:14:44 |Display all floors
what's "one night stand",
I'm 23,I even don't know that?
so you can know that from me!
Time for GCT!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-5 12:24:07 |Display all floors

wham bam....thank you ma'am........

sincerely believed that ONS has no borders and thus singles bars........will be the next big thing in China......
It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.