Views: 19884|Replies: 67

Is One Night Stand really popular in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-2 22:28:18 |Display all floors
I was astonished at my UK colleague when she mentioned this word' One-night-stand' before me 3 years ago. As a traditional Chinese guy, I never heard of it before. However, One-night-stand seems more and more popular among young guys and girls in China nowadays.  Is it really popular? What do you think of this topic ?
STIN-- YOUR OWN OFFICE AND EYES IN CHINA!
www.bizinchina.cc

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-2-3 04:05:13 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by momochong1 at 2007-2-2 22:28
I was astonished at my UK colleague when she mentioned this word' One-night-stand' before me 3 years ago. As a traditional Chinese guy, I never heard of it before. However, One-night-stand seems mo ...

It is not a nice example for the chinese to imitate.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 11:14:07 |Display all floors

this should not be named imitation

Originally posted by xilaren at 2007-2-3 04:05

It is not a nice example for the chinese to imitate.

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 11:16:17 |Display all floors

I takes it as the special part of country's development

Originally posted by momochong1 at 2007-2-2 22:28
I was astonished at my UK colleague when she mentioned this word' One-night-stand' before me 3 years ago. As a traditional Chinese guy, I never heard of it before. However, One-night-stand seems mo ...

maybe one night stand decreases discrimination and criminal  of  the nation.
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 14:46:44 |Display all floors
sure, this does't fit for status of nation of China. UK is such a small one, any chaos couldn't become devastating, but in china, not very-well-legalized environment and as well as conservative tradition, even minor sparkle of fire could become flame burning the whole grassland. In some areas, these phenomenon may be true.
but at least but not last, the people born in 1970s' and 60's won't "immitate" simply from western countries. Even within some western countries where christian religion are well stipulated, people are even much more
conservative than Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 15:06:05 |Display all floors

oppose

Is that popular in China? absolutely no.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-3 21:34:30 |Display all floors
This thread does not debate the moral issues arising from the one night stand phenomenon. It only asks if it is popular.
Apparently in big cities such as Beijing , Shanghai, Guangzhou, it is very becoming. Especially among clubbers, lonely girls and people in bars, younger students 14-23, single Chinese office ladies and their older (sometimes married) Foreign co-workers etc etc.

In a country like China,  the "Christian guilt syndrome" is not existent, and the moral standards (i dont know if they can be called that) cannot catch up with the rest of the Chinese development over the last 5 years. The people choosing not to see the reality, are only either too young, too naive or too close minded.

Maybe we don't approve of one night stands, we don't like it, most of times people will not even admit it, but it happens and its very common.

[ Last edited by gangsta at 2007-2-3 10:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.