Author: airfly

do you love to live in guangzhou? why? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-28 11:16:47 |Display all floors
SHENZHEN is the BEST place in GD AREAS.
here is the reason why...
1 shenzhen is a migrant city it is more friendly with outcomers.
2 everyone is equal. opportunities are fair no matter where you are originally from.
3 city planning is better. environment is better.

Unlike Guangzhou and Shanghai, Shenzhen is ready to welcome ppl with different origins, backgrounds and cultures. keep in mind the good sides those outcomers help to contribute to the city, without consideration of that side, None of shenzhen or guangzhou would have become such economic powers in china. these are the cold hard facts No Opening up, No development!   I dont even think i should mention Deng Xiaoping's policy in opening china's economy to the world. should i ? being a cantonese or shanghainese, there's nothing you should feel about being superior or upper. It's the multi cultures that make the city more harmonious.   

the only thing incomparable is the history. Shenzhen is about 20 or 30 years, correct me if wrong. while guangzhou has a longer history. It's really unfair to talk about the cultural side since it pretty much has to do with the history. and Seneca's point  is making me laugh out loud in talking about the venues built for international artists' attraction. Have you really been in SHENZHEN? VISITATION doesn't give out any concrete understandings / impressions to a place without living there for sometime. The Book City in shenzhen is gonna give you an idea about how shenzhen governors are doing their bit for the improvement of  ppl's artistic life. ooh by the way, the 2011 Universiade games is holding nowhere in guangzhou, but SHENZHEN.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 00:27:30 |Display all floors

Why still so many people like to swarm into a such crowded city?

I don't understand why so many people leave their comfortable hometown to move into such a crowded and messy city, Guangzhou. The chances for hunting a job is becoming harder and harder. And the salary is getting lower and lower because of the nonstop coming immigrants. My husband is a Dr degree holder. He still hasn't found a job yet. I am an English major postgraduate. I am still looking for a job. An English teacher in a traning school have more than 600 competitors. I am an excellent teacher in my hometown. I still failed to get the job. An English translator here can only earn 1500 yuan per month even working continuely from 9am to 6am with only one hour intervel for a rest. To rent an  one bedroom one living room apartment  needs about 1500 yuan. My husband and I, both well-educated white collars, have to live in a noisy room in a place called the country in the city. There are many such places there, most people have to live there and struggle for a living. Life is poor and hard. I want to go home but I have no choice because my husband staying here. See the more and more immigrants, the  chances for getting jobs become fewer and fewer. Price of houses are higher and higher. Salary is getting lower and lower. Why come here? You can get as muchsalary as here in your hometown and live much more comfortablly and weathily. You parents look after you well if you are sick. Here no one will care for you only yourself. Guangzhou is not a place filled with gold and you can pick one any time you like easily.

[ Last edited by redbud2006 at 2007-3-8 12:33 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-8 01:02:41 |Display all floors

what can i say...

howdy!  i am cantonese myself but i do speak whatever dialects you want me to speak (i am just like a gecko...easily adapt to any environment)...i really mean major popular dialects!  i thought, guangzhou is the most populated, diversify & rich place to live in china's, then why would anyone not likes to live there?  was it because of pride or dignity?  too bad for me that i'm not made in china but i will visit there in 3 weeks to see my home turf for the very first time (so, if you see someone fits my description & walking around there, please don't hesitate to shake my hand or have a beer with me...and i love beers) .   catch you later, aligator!   peter

[ Last edited by pjtran at 2007-3-7 12:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-13 12:26:42 |Display all floors

People are crowed as ants swarming into the job hunting market!

On March 9th and march 10th, there were three job hunting markets in the Tianhe Sport center. On March 9th, I also went there to see if there were vacancies suitable for me.  Oh my God!  All the buses passed there were so crowed that everyone in the bus seemed to stick to each other in the bus. In the underground passage, people were packed like in a sardine can. The feverish people there from a place to another like shuttles. I had a look at the ad board and found no jobs suitable for me. So I went home.  On March the 10th, a company asked me for an interview in the afternoon.  When I went to the exit of the subway, unfortunely the subway stopped because too many people wanted to take the subway to find a job. I went to find a bus, all the buses were packed with people. It took me 40 minutes to find a bus which has  crack for me to push into it.  What bad luck! The bus didn't stop and passed the stop I should have got off until it  reached the terminus. I was angry but I could do nothing because that is the usual practice in Guangzhou. I got off the bus and found it was too late, I asked the manager if we should still have the interview. She was angry but were still interested to see me.  Then we talked with each other happily. But to me disappointment, she told me my salary would be 1300 yuan including affording lunch during the one hour interval in the afternoon. And the work hour was from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm from Sunday to Friday and could rest only 1/3 span of the public holidays. I have to transfer from subway to bus every day if I work there. That means I had to spend almost 240 yuan a day on transportation. A translator for an emmigrant company can earn no more than 1100 yuan a month. I was sad and tired when I got home but I had to accept the reality, because in Guangzhou,80% of the jobs including those for white collar can earn only such a low salary nowadays.

[ Last edited by redbud2006 at 2007-3-13 12:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 21:10:29 |Display all floors

Who can manage bosses of privite companies?

Nowadays in Guangzhou, or maybe in some other big cities, some bosses of privite own companies order their workers to work overtime for free, shorten  and even cancel the public holiday as they please. Over 70% of the white collar workers in Guangzhou are subhealthy. I think the government should make laws or regulations to guarantee the health of labourers and prescirbe the lowest line of salary because the average salary  level are reduced by 1/3 in Guangzhou now.

[ Last edited by redbud2006 at 2007-3-14 09:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-14 21:27:04 |Display all floors

GZ,loving you & hating you!

It's said that someone like a place best caz his or her family is located in that place. So, GZ is just so-so to me. It's not my hometown.
I came to guangzhou to work caz I had no choice.  As cantonese, I love speaking Cantonese sometimes lots of fun cannot be translated to Mandarin. If translated, fun lost and non-cantonese cannot understand the point of fun. Since language is basic on culture. I spent 4 years in BeiJing, and I know Mandarin well.
I hate GZ, cuz I was robbed here.
I love GZ, cuz I can speak Mandarin, Cantonese and English here, as what I like.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-17 13:41:10 |Display all floors

Never compare Shenzhen and Guangzhou again ...

You guys always argue that which city is better, Shenzhen or Guangzhou? Definetly it is meanless! Both cities are better than the other metropolises all over the China. I like Shenzhen, I like Guangzhou! When you really live in some cities, you will meet the puzzles which exist not only in Shenzhen&Guangzhou but other cities. Enjoy it and you will find a lot of fun in Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.