I have been living here for 17 years,

As long as the time I was at my hometown
Though I had lived in three other places
I like it here, good or bad
It is my second hometown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-8 14:39:24 |Display all floors

Guangzhou...Crazy!

[size=-2]I have lived here for about a year. I find that almost everything is crazy here.
1. People here are crazy!
    a. Catonese are forced to speak Manderin. I am from Zhanjiang, Guangdong. My native language is also Cantonese, as well as the standard cantonese dialect both belong to the same language family, which is called "Bai" in Guangdong. The Cantonese branch spoken in my hometown has the same sound, but it's a little different from Guangzhou dialect in accent. I think people in Guangzhou are crazy. Some of the silly people in Guangzhou, actually troublemakers find that I speak cantonese with a different accent and make fun of me. Usually they speak Cantonese first. I usually reponse them in Cantonese to show friendliness. They get extremly excited and speak Manderin at once. I have to respone them in Manderin. Then they reply me in Cantonese. When they find that I almost can't reponse fluently and continue the dilague with difficulty, they become very very happy. A strange smile appear in their face just like people just escape from a psychiatric hospital. More and more people, including those used to speak cantonese as native language now speak Manderin now. I think my case stands for one of the reasons.

[ Last edited by redbud2006 at 2007-2-9 09:16 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 15:47:30 |Display all floors

As to the above post... I have to say something

Yes, I know that Shenzhen is just an imitator. It's inferior to Shanhai in culture enviroment and city developmental level.But it is still much better than Guangzhou. Guangzhou is acctually a desert of culture.  It just keep copying almost everything in Hongkong. Ten years ago, I came to Guangzhou and I found it a good place because of the good social public order. However now everything has changed. Please look at the rising rate cases of of murder , sexual crimes, robberies, swindles and commiting suicide. At least one fourth in the internet happen in Guangzhou. Here in Guangzhou wether rich or poor, you have to wear well otherwise others will look down upon you. People here are very superstitious, in most of the restaurants, you can see the statues of Guanggong, which never seen ten years ago and it's just an imitation of  Hongkong. The appearances of Guangzhou is ok, but please go into most of the residential areas, of course I don't mean the luxuriou ones,  you feel they are very dirty, crowded and messy. When you go to do business, some of the people here will  just sit here and let you wait for a long time. You can often hear cantonese vague and obscene words, which abuse women's sexual organ every now and then even in a university campus.

[ Last edited by redbud2006 at 2007-2-10 04:08 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-14 17:17:34 |Display all floors
just come here for 3 months, when talking about culture, GZ cannot compare with BJ&SH generally, but when come to business, how is it?
what about the development of each industry dept here?
i think different industry will bring in different people who will effect the life&city.
Where your heart is, where the treasure will be..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 16:45:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by redbud2006 at 2007-2-8 14:39
[size=-2]I have lived here for about a year. I find that almost everything is crazy here.
1. People here are crazy!
    a. Catonese are forced to speak Manderin. I am from Zhanjiang, ...

You are right !
Some LOCAL GUANGZHOUneses look DOWN upon someone can't speak catonese
I feel SO SORRY for it , and hope that it will get better soon
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 16:50:33 |Display all floors
Actually , I like to live in GZ, maybe I am familiar with this city,
now work in SZ , I think I will enjoy myself here one day,
If not, I will be back to GZ to work
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-21 17:15:12 |Display all floors

oh cuz...

Originally posted by xiaoxiao1982 at 02-02-07 20:10

Really? then why are you spending your  weekends in Shenzhen then?

Because, i've got a few very best friends in Shenzhen, and just a friend in Guangzhou, that's why i come most every weekend.....personally i'd say Guangzhou is much better living than in Shenzhen....
cheers

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.