Author: mary_zhang

Should I marry a man who is just broke? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-31 12:11:27 |Display all floors

no hesitation if you do love him

Originally posted by mary_zhang at 2007-1-30 16:50

He is running a small gift company. Two swindler set a trap for him. One of him presented to be a buyer from a government department in another province, then appeared the supplier from Shenzhen. ...

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 12:18:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2007-1-31 11:54
In N. America, if you get so far behind in credit payments that you have to declare bankruptcy, the credit card companies and banks will beat a path to your door to lend you more money.

Why?

He is never afraid of those debts, actually those debts are not so much for us, but I believe it is not so easy as he believed to earn those money we lost. I don't know how long it will take.
I didn't want to take care of his money before, for i know he need those money to run his business. But after this incident, I am sure i will take the advice you give me, always leaving some money in case some bad things happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 12:22:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-1-31 12:11

I have the hesitation, for I believe love is just a pure emotion between a man and a woman, we don't need to care about other things as long as we are happy being together. But a marriage is much more complicated, we have to think more besides love...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 12:51:37 |Display all floors

Follow your heart...

Follow your heart rather than your head, the heart is an instinct, even if at times it seems wrong, your heart will never lie to you.

However, I have to look at the other party a bit harder. He should not push you to the corner at this moment, if he cares for you profoundly enough, and he loves you deeply enough, if he is a real man!

He should say, "I love you too much, but I will set you free!"

[ Last edited by changzhou007 at 2007-1-31 03:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 13:29:39 |Display all floors

The course of true love is not a smooth sail...

Originally posted by mary_zhang at 2007-1-31 12:22

I have the hesitation, for I believe love is just a pure emotion...

What is love? Although I am not old enough to give you a lecture, I believe in that love is not a thing, not a location, not even a STATIC emotion. It is a DYNAMIC thing, "as constant and as changeful as the unchanging, many-colored sea".

It is a process, both parties need to constantly work on it, once it reachs one place, you must look ahead at the next place, and on and on!

Love is a journey!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 13:49:17 |Display all floors

Reply #19 mary_zhang's post

Well, Ms. Mary Cheung!

I think you made the right choice.
Afterall if you read statistics, most marriages goes "on the rocks" due to money problems.
and now it's like you got to support "your man".

and Admiral ChengHo is quite accurate too,

Let him sort out his problem step by step.
If he could start a trading business the first round, he could rebuilt it.
If you are young enough to wait, you can marry 5 years later.

Afterall, you are only 26 years old (9 year younger than your bf) and you still have at least 4 years before the biological clock ends.

and I think your boyfriend of 35 years is gambler in business.

Green Dragon
Relationship negotiator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 14:01:19 |Display all floors

Reply #32 mary_zhang's post

On the other hand, only 1 in 5 males are career businessman or professional.......with best chance to become rich.

It might be your ticket to marrying into "middle class" or "wealth".
and worse, if he makes it in 5 years, and you have become 31 years old.....

he might just marry a younger 22 year old that comes around "husband hunting" and leave you on the shelf?

Green DRagon
Relationship Advisor

Note: So, Adm. ChengHo is correct, wait 6 month to 1 year......
           Monitor his busines recovery strategies....
           If he cuts back on cost, maintain profit cashflow, make a projection to see whether he can recover.
           If YES, than make the gamble and marry him.
           If NO, look for other opportunities while keeping him as "backup".
           You will still need to have a family to take care of yourself in old age.

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-1-31 02:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.