Author: sexlion

If learning is unuseful? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-30 11:35:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by susansusan at 2007-1-30 11:33
Is learning useful? of course yes,  it is getting harder for graduated student to find a job, it is getting even harder for the one doesn't have higher education to find a job.

experience is the important factor in finding a job.so college students should attend society practise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 11:38:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by title55 at 2007-1-30 11:35 AM

experience is the important factor in finding a job.so college students should attend society practise.

Yes, practice is important too, but if know nothing of this field, will people give you a chance for practice? Will people hire a one that only have little educaiton to do the manager job?
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 14:40:10 |Display all floors

Give a man a fish...

Somehow, the voice of the president of my university in China is resonating now, "It does not matter what you are going to study at my university, we will teach you how to learn and how to adapt, and how to unlearn, you will be benefited from that  for your lifetime."

A few years later, the chancellor of my graduate school on the other side of pacific ocean was making a speech: "...It does not matter which field you will go into, at my college, We will teach you how to fish that will feed you for your lifetime..."

Were they coincident? No, most of the top universities (Ivy League) have been saying the same things! Most of my friends have shared the same sentiments.

In a word, "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime".

[ Last edited by changzhou007 at 2007-2-2 04:53 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 14:54:36 |Display all floors
College education is not only for knowledge.

In college, you grow from a child to an adult.

In college, you meet with friends with whom you can possibly change the world in the future.

In college, your morality and value are tested and refined. Endurance and responsibility are cultivated.

In college, you prepare for the next step----entering society.
Save the girl, Save the future.---Heroes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 21:25:23 |Display all floors

have a higher degree...

Originally posted by title55 at 2007-1-30 11:32
nowadys, college only equals old senior middle school

hehe...

maybe, if we use look on for quanity...

if it's yes...

then maybe we need to learn more, to have a master or PHD...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 22:30:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lotus_flower at 2007-1-30 11:23
Though college education, as well as any other form of education, is certainly not a perfect one. I still regard college as a precious platform for knowledge, communication and growing. College edu ...

hehe..

campus, it's really a sweet and memory for us...

I often talk with friends about how I cherish the time in campus...

we said, if give me 3k-4k $$$ per month, I prefer to live in campus forever...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 22:56:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sexlion at 2007-1-30 22:30

we said, if give me 3k-4k $$$ per month, I prefer to live in campus forever...

Live in campus forever? In what form? Being a student or...?
Life is a journey, not a destination.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.