Author: ptbptb

邱吉尔的演说,2006年的TEM8考试题选了几段 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-30 15:08:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nyleda at 2007-1-30 15:00
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no s ...

好~!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 15:20:26 |Display all floors

这一段问题就更大了:

You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime.

老邱的原文是:You ask, what is our policy?
I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

两个阅卷者的译文:你们也许会问,我们的对策是什么?我认为那就是从海陆空发动一场全面的战争,一场竭尽我们所能、竭尽上帝所赐予我们的全部力量的战争,一场与人类罪行簿上最黑暗、最可悲的凶残暴政相较量的战争。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 15:22:24 |Display all floors
terrible....
TEM8
I will attend the examination this year... on 3.4..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 16:58:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pingzi at 2007-1-30 15:22
terrible....
TEM8
I will attend the examination this year... on 3.4..

It is not so scary as you think. Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 17:08:53 |Display all floors

#28, #29

各有千秋!学习!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 19:50:12 |Display all floors
You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime.

两个阅卷者的译文:你们也许会问,我们的对策是什么?我认为那就是从海陆空发动一场全面的战争,一场竭尽我们所能、竭尽上帝所赐予我们的全部力量的战争,一场与人类罪行簿上最黑暗、最可悲的凶残暴政相较量的战争。

明明是德国法西斯发动了侵略战争,英国只是应战,两个阅卷者却说邱吉尔要发动一场全面的战争!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-30 20:24:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ptbptb at 2007-1-30 19:50
明明是德国法西斯发动了侵略战争,英国只是应战,两个阅卷者却说邱吉尔要发动一场全面的战争!

这里翻译的人,我觉得, 很随便,就是按照wage通常那个“发起”的意思来解释了,我查了一下,英文说是begin and carry on。显然churchill的意思是carry on the war。或者细纠的话, churchill的意思是去 go on to fight a war that is different from the previous one.而不是坐在西线不管,现在德国人已经直接跟我们打了,我们要进行total war了!所以用这个更有主动性的wage这个词,但中文用 发动 这个词显然会有误导性质。仔细看来确实不妥。
www.thefa.cn
where chinese footy fans have English football discussed

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.