Author: jjcole1980

Damn Pickpockets [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-29 18:01:05 |Display all floors
In March 2005 one pickpocket removed my father's cell phone from his pocket and important thing is that my father is so attentive guy that back in our country he was never robbed by any pickpocket.

This proves 2 points about Beijing.

1. Beijing pickpockets are extremely good.

2. The crime rate in beijing is really low because u will never find any murder, robing etc. case in beijing. So robbers have to master themselves in one field because they can't break law and order openly. So they master themselves in picking pockets. which is a quite crime because you never know that you have been robbed until u look into ur pockets

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 18:08:07 |Display all floors
I am always very careful with my phone and wallet when I am out . so such things have never happened to me so far. then you need to be alerted

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 04:48:05 |Display all floors
I think because you are a local and you might recogize them. Tourist comes and goes and makes a very easy target.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 08:26:40 |Display all floors
there are indeed some professional pickpockets...lol

but here, there exist many professional robbers

lucky, lost money...
unlucky, lost life...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 08:29:53 |Display all floors
we pay tax to the local government every month. we pay security fees to local government every year...however, our situation are more and more dangerous day by day...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 10:34:07 |Display all floors
Yes there are many pickpockets here, too many to count. In Spring Festival, even worse. They target backpacks especially. They work alone and in groups both.

Typical, the police want to blame you and say "your" a trouble maker. One of the laws for deporting foriegners here is if you are a trouble maker.

Not so much other crime??? Bars on all the windows. Gee wonder why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 10:43:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinaimport at 2007-1-31 04:48
I think because you are a local and you might recogize them. Tourist comes and goes and makes a very easy target.

I am not a local, and I have traveled to other places as well. and it never happened to me , bc I am always very alerted when I am out! thats it. and such things obviously have happened to this guy a lot and he doesnt seem to learn any lesson! thats why it happens again and again!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.