Views: 4259|Replies: 8

Have you ever felt... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-19 16:34:40 |Display all floors
Have you ever felt so close to reaching something, but then see it slip right past you?

Say, catching a fish, or winning a lottery, or meeting the person you thought could be your life partner - your Mr. or Mrs Right?

How do you feel then?
Der Mensch ist das Loch im Sein - Hegel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 16:56:25 |Display all floors
always....
so many times....
like a handful of sand slipping away between my fingers

that I almost get used to it...and now I'm addicted to the feeling to "very close but never reach" it's beautiful don't you think? ...feels like....a pleasing dream that you have to wake up, and a nice rose with thorns you can't take away, like you finished a castle of sands and witness your work totally collapsed...hurtful and beautiful....coz perfectness never exist  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 17:52:52 |Display all floors
Very nicely said, Superkylin!

I also understand that sometimes I should just let things be, that getting and reaching things is not all about what life should be. After all, things exist for themselves, not for me.

But I do feel melancholic, having to watch things happening from a distance, and not taking part. Would I have changed them had I been part of them, or have myself changed?

Melancholic, do you know the Chinese poet Xu Zhi Mo once translated this difficult word into "Mo Leng Gu Lei" (眸冷骨累 eyes cold, bones sore).

That's how I feel at the moment!
Der Mensch ist das Loch im Sein - Hegel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 18:09:47 |Display all floors
C'est la vie.:)
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 20:42:33 |Display all floors
hi whirling, do u konw German...cool...
always...but almost in dream....i dream many pretty things and all disappear suddently when awake

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 23:01:06 |Display all floors
when i dream i'm in Tibet with Michael Scofield, my mum always wakes me up at the right time...

It was soooo close.we  nearly kiss in the dream......LOL ( a joke)           hahaha
i just want to smile. huh :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-20 16:31:08 |Display all floors
Michael Scofield, So cool a man.I like him also.

I have the feeling also.Strangely what has past by seems to be the one I want mostly.Heck,the lost sheep is more valuable than the others.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.