Author: voice_cd

US concerned over China's satellite-killing test [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-26 10:36:05 |Display all floors
Well, then, why don't you say poets are illiterate as well.  They often change the spellings of words or use spoonerisms to change words.  Those words become symbolic when used in context.  Spelling American with a "k" is his own personal choice and none of us, you or me, have a right to deny him his right to express America in a symbolic way.

By the way, I really don't like Fox news, its so biased and right-wing.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 11:03:14 |Display all floors

Reply #29 Outer space space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 13:27:37 |Display all floors

Reply #28 fyrstar's post

nope.......it's called FREEDOM to express.

something "control freaks" like yourself wouldn't understand.

Green Dragon
Lord of the code
Third Force

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 16:16:01 |Display all floors

Freedom of expression indeed

I love the jabs, back and forth, well done....................................

I don't really know where to stand on this issue.  Even as an American, its difficult to be too sympathetic to either side.  The time that I have spent living in china has created an incredible amount of respect for both the Chinese government and the problems that they face.  I don't think there are many who could have handled it as well.  Yes, there are going to be increased problems in the future.  Pretty soon it will be Africans and Americans who are up here tossing Greendragons "K" right back.  I have no doubt.  

On the space issue.  People need to get it through their heads that this concept of "Us" and "Them" is what is creating Sino-US problems.  The connections are too deep to keep using those terms.  There are no boundaries anymore.  Those that exist will soon fall.  NASA still only recruits Americans and Im sure the Chinese prefer Chinese.  Hopefully someday that will change.  The international space station was supposed to increase cooperation, but people are still too selfish to truly "contribute".  Who cares if the contract goes to Boeing or Airbus? ?  The number of employees they have worldwide dwarfs those locally, it only feeds chat rooms by increasing GDP stats.

So, if there is a space race brewing, it will be a race to nowhere.  Who cares who dominates space when the number of nuclear weapons could destroy the entire world anyway?  From a security standpoint, fine, whatever makes people feel more comfortable.  

Example. Look at SpaceShipOne and the Ansari X prize.  It is going to truly speed up the commercialization and economy of "space".  With capitalism comes technology.  So, if the Chinese and Americans want to be able ot shoot down each others satellites, I am sure they will.  then, nobody will have a GPS.  Back to the stone age.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 16:55:05 |Display all floors

but

But, cooperation between China & America & Russia, will be the best choice, for the sake of using the best technology to advance our living standard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-27 06:03:40 |Display all floors
Amen, ChinaDaily.

Az four mizpeling werds too xpresss miselv, ahm eye doeng a gewd jawb?

Fyrestahr
Lawrd uf de Lehrneeng Dizaybled
De Fohrce Bee Wit Chu
www.foxnews.com
We report.  You decide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-27 08:03:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fyrstar at 2007-1-27 06:03
Amen, ChinaDaily.

Az four mizpeling werds too xpresss miselv, ahm eye doeng a gewd jawb?

Fyrestahr
Lawrd uf de Lehrneeng Dizaybled
De Fohrce Bee Wit Chu

Very witty frystar
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.