Author: safaribehn

USA..The best country on Earth? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-18 23:46:19 |Display all floors

it is exactly the politics

i just suggest you learn more about politics or histories.
what is bully? what is power? what is justice?
there`s no absolute thing in this world.
everything existed based on balancing interests.
and there are differences among countries all  around the world.
each one has their own means to deal with issues, just on their own benefits largestly,
whoever you are!
i think particular means are special in resolving crucial issues, albeit they seem crucial,
illegal, or unreasonable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-19 08:48:16 |Display all floors

Mr. Lee and then Dragon

Mr. Lee, a pragmatic perspective, much truth to be found within it.  Thanks for the balance.

"Why the Blacks?
Why bully the Mexicans?
What has Arabs done to Amerikans to become so bullied?
Why the blackmouthing of the British Commonwealth?
What was the reason of the Monroe doctrine>?"

Why the blacks "what"?  Why as a people are they doing better than they ever have before.  Why as a race do they have higher living standards in the United States, considering their large size, than in any other country on earth where they reside with such large numbers, not sure.  Why is it still an issue?  Psychology, my boy. Psychology.

Why bully the Mexicans?  Bully how?  Please do describe.  Are we talking about previous wars where they were run by Austrian nobleman.  Well, enough said.  If current situation, the reality is they come and are, by and large doing better than most other minorities in the states.  Most exploitation by my experience is within the group.  One who has been here a long time receiving contracts for doing work and paying the others that he hires a pittance, often not at all.

What have Arabs done to Americans?   Good question, from a philosophically and ethically grounded standpoint little.  See Mr Lee's post above.  What have the lower Mekong River inhabitants done to China to potentially stand to have their lifeblood ruined by oil spills on the Mekong.  China see's it energy security dependent upon it.  What have the Burmese done to have China support a junta that enforces slavery, mass deportation, and injustice upon its people?  See, yet again, China's need for energy security and the fact it lacks the capability to secure its transport of oil throught the Malaca Straits.  America supports Arab despots as the world economic system built from the rubble of WWII has benefited from the stability.  Not just American economy, the world's.  

British Commonwealth?

Hmmmm....perhaps because European balance of power intrigue has created so many intractable problems as yet to be worked out to the desire of so many ethnicities wanting justice.  Dissolution of Ottoman Empire, arbitrary creation of countries and borders.  But, overall as far as leaving colonies in fair shape they did a much better job than the French.  However, Euro politics/interests always prevailed leaving nagging problems for the worlds peoples today especially when consdiering issues such as sovreignty.

Monroe Doctrine?

Ideological.  Weakening power of Spanish Empire.  Let them know that we were not interested in Euro nobility playing out further intrigues in the Western hemisphere as Spanish power waned.  One would think that many in China would understand.  Funny, I have a friend in Vietnam who is married to a Thai.  They lived in China for a while.  When in China people would get very angry at her for not answering questions.  They thought she was being rude.  She tried to explain that she was Thai and that she did not speak Chinese.  But people wouldn't believe her as they explained everyone was Chinese in Asia but for the Japanese and Indians.  Obivously the Thai lady was being stuck up.  I suspect China, currently employing an interesting diplomatic discourse will find itself more Monroe minded when it feels it has the room to.  Just ask the Cambodians and Vietnamese downriver of the coming pollution whose lives rest upon the mighty Mekong, as does 2% of the worlds daily catch in fish.  Better would China build the fleet to secure the Straits against pirates but shows the largesse o great powers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-24 09:08:02 |Display all floors
Being the most wasteful country in the world, the Americans live a comfortable life at the expense of all the
other people in the world. But empires don't last forever. History always repeat itself. Let's see how long
the good days will last for them. Bombing, invasion, torture, suppression...won't help, only speed up their
demise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-26 10:47:22 |Display all floors
amen Brother!
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 16:03:15 |Display all floors

Reply #10 jack_j12's post

Wasteful in what way?  And when the American "Empire" falls, who will take its place?  The Chinese Empire?  You'd better heed your own warning then.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 10:32:46 |Display all floors
wasteful in resources and in Human lives and Human rights.  No one will take the American Empire's place, rather, the world will be far more balanced and multipolar.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 11:08:01 |Display all floors

Reply #13 middlekingdo's post

Oh, I see... the world will be just one big, happy place when America is done away with?  Hmmm.... I'm very doubtful of that.  When America is gone, who will be world's scapegoat when things aren't so "balanced and multi-polar?"
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.