Author: chairman

30 million men face bleak future as singles [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-12 14:51:32 |Display all floors
biologically, the birth ratio of boys and girls should be half to half but just as mentioned above, many couples
accept illegal ultrasound service to check the sex of the baby. the government has to fight tough against the
illegal service and i think, should punish this kind of couples. but most importantly, should develop rural
areas since most of field work are handled by men, women are not strong enough to do most work, therefore
rural people tend to have boys. if mechanization can be realized in rural area, men and women will be equal.
against abortion is not the proper method. changing their old-fashined ideas, developing economy are right
ways.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-12 15:55:08 |Display all floors
One solution!

Chinese men should start using online dating to meet someone.

One of the biggest for mainland China is
  1. http://baihe.com/
Copy code

but there are many - look for keywords like 交友 and 婚姻 on search engines or the major portals.

Internationally, Asiafriendfinder is a very big one, but not specifically Chinese.

There are a lot of Russian and Thai women looking for husbands. (Old British men tend to go for these young beautiful women when they get rejected by British women!)

So don't waste anytime, hurry to get your woman.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-1-12 04:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-12 22:44:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 12-1-2007 02:29
Sex-selective abortion is already illegal, but (at least until recently, I think) so are ultrasounds that tell you the baby's gender. For the right amount of money, people will do just about anything.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the solution is. Maybe have a tougher licensing system for doctors, so that "back-street clinics" will simply be closed down if they're not on a specific register. Also maybe one thing would simply be to ban the sale of sonograph machines, except to central hospitals where their use can be monitored. More money for inspections, better subsidies for poor people with daughters (but they'd get taken away if they had a son as well), that sort of thing.

Really what needs to be addressed is society's obsession with sons. It's still there in the cities and rural areas. It would take a long time to address, but a sustained education policy is needed to ensure people realise men and women are equal from school upwards.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 02:42:37 |Display all floors
Asianfriendfinder?
Bwahaha.... it's been killed. SO has MySpace. Not happening in the PRC my friend.
Guess you gotta start treating your women better if you want to keep one. This imbalance will be the magic catalyst in the unravelling of the current regime. You can't constrict biology forever and 30million is just by the numbers or penii to vaginas. Imagine what the real number is when you factor in that many rich guys have 2-3 women, and there are millions of prostitutes (who are ineligible whilst in the midst of a career). What you get is a number that is closer to 50 million. BTW, do the math. If there are 105 men for every 100women, the different is over 50million in a population like China.
Stuff to think about.
Tek

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 03:15:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-1-13 02:42
Asianfriendfinder?
Bwahaha.... it's been killed. SO has MySpace. Not happening in the PRC my friend.
Guess you gotta start treating your women better if you want to keep one. This imbalance will  ...

You're an wuguiwangbadan.

Fine a culturally fine enough intellectual to translate  the prase for you.

The we'll start a discussion on equal basis.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 07:04:55 |Display all floors

Fine a culturally fine enough intellectual to translate the prase for you.

What does this mean??^^^^^

As for starting on an equal basis...quite obviously I'd have to be take several hits from the crack pipe after having recieved a lobotomy for this to happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 11:23:55 |Display all floors
Some poeple tend to check the gender of the foetus to be born though it is illegal.That reminds me of an adage in China that the money could even make the ghosts to push the grinders.In the realities some doctor's tell the sex of feotus by using ultrasound.So,China could excute the law strictly and enacted a law prohibiting illegal abortion immediately.Thus may help to balence the birth sex ratio effectively.

[ Last edited by xiaomai at 2007-1-15 11:25 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.