Views: 2712|Replies: 3

Can anyone advise how to [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-11 15:38:48 |Display all floors
overcome what's called culture shock when u work in a totally different culture environment? A friend of mine will be assigned to work on an overseas mission for a 3 year-term, in a new culture he has nearly no idea of...! What is supposed to be done in preparation for the trip before you embark on the journey...? what shoud be taken into account for those challenges that might pop up while he performs his mission abroad...? thank u in advance!lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 15:48:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 1-11-2007 15:38
overcome what's called culture shock when u work in a totally different culture environment? A friend of mine will be assigned to work on an overseas mission for a 3 year-term, in a new culture he  ...

hmmm, not enough white space to list all the possibilities, so i'll tell just a few.

bring anytihng you're not sure you can't get in the other country, but you know you'll miss dealry.  eg spices, personal stuff like toothpaste and deodorant (western barbarians usually use the stuff ;-), clothing, contacts of all the people you may want to actually contact back in the hone country, and personal items like pics and such so you can remember home ifyou get homesick.

all identification

anything related to medical conditions, like, what kind of medication he/she can't take, what, if anything, is wrong with him/her.

ok, i'll pass the torch to the next bloke...  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 16:06:02 |Display all floors
thank u, mike for yr kind advices...!

But the most difficult part of his mission is that he's supposed to adapt himself to a brand new world where males dominate...! while he's now working in a place dominated by female colleagues who treat him like a babe and say nice things about him whenever they get together..., he's got used to being flattered by them, and it's hard to change the way of life he's got used to...!lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 16:20:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 1-11-2007 16:06
thank u, mike for yr kind advices...!

But the most difficult part of his mission is that he's supposed to adapt himself to a brand new world where males dominate...! while he's now working in a  ...

well, his visit with reality might be a good one, even if guys are the majority of co-workers.  :)  women are doubled edged swords, so i don't see how it could be a worse situation.  :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.