Any dangerous situation have you been in? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-13 10:10:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-1-12 05:40
motorcycle accident
stabbed on three seperate occasions
shot on two seperate occasions
parachute failed to open
died twice

That's impressive Spooky!  When you say you died twice do you mean you were clinically dead (no heartbeat or respiration)?  Which of this situations caused this???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 22:38:10 |Display all floors
motorcycle accident clinically dead once,
stabbed the second time clinically dead once
I have had somewhat of a colourful life :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 22:40:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-1-13 22:38
motorcycle accident clinically dead once,
stabbed the second time clinically dead once
I have had somewhat of a colourful life :)

Did you have the momentary recovery of consciousness ?
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-14 07:28:46 |Display all floors
no whirling there was no bright lite calling me or anything like that :) I just woke up like normal :) I did not have an out of body experience either, all I know is that after my motorcycle accident I lost two weeks of my life that I will never be able to get back :) but it has not stopped me from trying :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 12:27:01 |Display all floors
I  had some bad experiences

Many years ago in my country I was with my brother in his car, we passed a street,  when we got to the corner in the same street we just passed a car bomb exploited, 3 person died, I was just 10 seconds far from that attack
In another country I was close to be killed for a hit man, well, he was looking for person to kill and he was close to confuse me as that person, next day I saw in the news that  one person was murdered in the same time and same place I was the day before.
In NYC after a party with my friends  I left my gf in her home and I decided to walk to take the train, in a corner I met a couple, they were under drugs effects, the guy push me against a car and put a gun on my head I felt the cold metal and I  was in shock I couldn’t speak, the woman didn’t find my wallet in my pockets and she told  to his pal “shoot it” but in seconds she found my wallet in my pocket of the jacket and they ran away, hopefully they found money in my wallet, because sometimes this people kills you if you don’t have money with you.
In an airplane after one hour and a half of flight one of the four engines didn’t work, the plane balanced and the pilot decided to return to the nearest airport and we landed in a another country, it was the first time I saw many people (the passengers)  praying with faith.

I feel lucky.

[ Last edited by force_one at 2007-1-15 12:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 12:37:29 |Display all floors

I've been.....

shot once in Sudan, seen colleagues die reporting and car bomb explosions .I will never, ever take of my mind the image of that ripped body of the impared guy who used to sell lottery tickets outside the Ben Yahuda fruit market in Jerusalem! The color of the blood of the dead and injured got mixed with the red color of the watermelons......it was a really terrible sight. I was walking up the street the moment the bomb exploded, my ears went burst. My German colleague walking a few steps ahead of me was blown several feet off the ground!

Anyways as they say, those are part of the risks that came with our profession at the time; else I think the most dangerous situation I have ever been must have been getting married (i want this thread to get lost someway! I hope my wife doesn't read this!)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.