Views: 8486|Replies: 30

The French Connection [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-10 20:25:09 |Display all floors
my name is andy. i am french living in paris france. university has started recently and i met this chinese girl in my class. she told me she is from beijing and her name is niannian.

she is a beautiful smart girl. i hope that she can love me one day. i am not sure if she has a boyfriend back in china.

if she has a boyfriend in china should i still pursue her?

do chinese girls enjoy reading nice things about them?

do they like to hear that the guy is willing to help them out?

how much nice things is too much before the chinese girl gets sick and tired of hearing those things?

i hope 2007 will bring romance to me

thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-10 20:32:17 |Display all floors

sometimes I am amazed at some threads......

really!

I am not sure if she has a boyfriend back in China - Go and ask her!
if she has a boyfriend in china should i still pursue her? - Would you like that happening to you? Somebody going after your gf?
do chinese girls enjoy reading nice things about them? - Please, she is human being not an allien; everybody in this world likes to hear nice things about themselves.

I also hope 2007 brings romance to you, but a Chinese girl is not that different from any other girl; treat with respect and be honest and you'll win her heart!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 00:44:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andyparis at 2007-1-10 04:25
my name is andy. i am french living in paris france. university has started recently and i met this chinese girl in my class. she told me she is from beijing and her name is niannian.

1. if she has a boyfriend in china should i still pursue her?  No.

2. do chinese girls enjoy reading nice things about them?  Yes.

3. do they like to hear that the guy is willing to help them out?  Yes.

4. how much nice things is too much before the chinese girl gets sick and tired of hearing those things?  Depends - see question #1.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 03:02:24 |Display all floors
I think what andyparis is confused about is the basic fact of cultural differences and how things are "perceived" differently in different cultures. Perception is what's making him ask funny obvious questions in this thread, but to be honest I know where he's coming from.
In the west, girl are somwhat different, they expect different things, they want to hear some things (sometimes the same things but the timing and length of time before you say it is important)

so let's give him a break and try to help the guy.

mark069 - I have a question of my own and would appreciate your comment on it.
I have been going out with a chinese girl for a little over two months. we only saw each other few times due to job nature but it's developing at a fast pace which is ok for me. the question is, how direct can one be in asking question to a Chinese girl with obvious romantic interest on both sides. The questions being done to get to know each other on a deeper level.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any thoughtful comments by others as well.

Cheers
"You do not have a second chance at making a first impression"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 08:55:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dongiovanni at 2007-1-10 11:02
mark069 - I have a question of my own and would appreciate your comment on it.
I have been going out with a chinese girl for a little over two months. we only saw each other few times due to job nature but it's developing at a fast pace which is ok for me. the question is, how direct can one be in asking question to a Chinese girl with obvious romantic interest on both sides. The questions being done to get to know each other on a deeper level.

Are  you saying that you work togther and have only seen each other in private outside of work a few times?

If you have been seeing her and it's clear that ther is a mutual romantic interest (you are not just friendly coworkers), I would say you can be VERY direct with her.  As direct as you would be with ANY girlfriend, Chinese or not...  When you say "direct" do you mean just being clear about how you feel about her or something else?

If you work together that's the bigger issue I think.  Personally, I would NEVER date someone I work with but if your going to do this you have to be very careful about your relationship interfering with work.  She may have this concern also.

[ Last edited by mark069 at 2007-1-10 04:58 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 09:55:05 |Display all floors

thats so sweet

hey buddy

if you have feeling for her,go for it.at least you try.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-11 10:18:57 |Display all floors

You'd better stay in what's called normal relation with her,

and know more about her,esp her backgrounds before you decide to date her...! It's of crucial importance to you at the present stage of your relation...!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.