Author: whirlingone

Do you have 'two sides' in your character? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-8 22:07:17 |Display all floors
first, different charactorS, not different charactor. second, different charactors for me,myself,my life.

btw, what are you talking about? how come i don't understand you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 22:21:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pizzafille at 2007-1-8 16:07
first, different charactorS, not different charactor. second, different charactors for me,myself,my life.

btw, what are you talking about? how come i don't understand you?

I mean that you are different person in work, school, on freetime, etc. Do you deny that?

What was the point you didn't understand?

[ Last edited by kossutin at 2007-1-8 04:22 PM ]
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-8 22:28:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tempax at 2007-1-8 21:12

I wish I could pick up what you lose.

A colleague & I used to joke that I would give her some of my bottom half and she would give me some of her top half, then we would both be perfect!
(she had very large breasts, too big for her comfort, and she had very tiny hips & rear-end)

Ok, SERIOUSLY,
I can say I DO have more than one side, AND I DON'T have more than one side.

Basically, I don't. I will be the same basic person, with the same beliefs and values no matter who I am with. But someone brought up a good point, that we probably do (and should) behave a little differently in front of different people. Maybe we should be a little more serious in front of our boss, or a little extra polite at dinner at a nice place, and more playful and fun at home or with children.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 05:43:56 |Display all floors
I have more than two sides.  Of course, we have to wear different masks for different people, but sometimes it gets hard to distinguish the mask from reality.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 09:19:38 |Display all floors
Yeah, everyone has two sides in..., hard and soft! but which side dominates for the most part of yr day? hard...? or soft...lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 09:37:13 |Display all floors

More than two sides actually....

• Relaxed and Informal Side for Friends
  • Formal and Professional Side for Business
  • Informal But Slightly Guarded Side for Strangers (not in Business)
  • Others??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 09:49:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 2007-1-9 09:37
  • Relaxed and Informal Side for Friends
  • Formal and Professional Side for Business
  • Informal But Slightly Guarded Side for Strangers (not in Business)
  • Others??

Others??

- a side with a BF/GF/spouse
- a side with family

My family side is a bit different than other sides. I think many of us grow up and change a lot, but it's difficult to bring those changes to family. Sometimes I find myself acting like my "old self" in some ways with family. I don't want to scare them with too many big words.     (and , there's an element of truth to it) Also, sometimes I fall into bad habits with them.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.