Author: forestservan

Practice Listening to English with free software. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-12 23:01:26 |Display all floors
Thank you very.
Since it will be a good teacher & friend in my english learning !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-12 23:55:59 |Display all floors

Well, here you will find a much more exhaustive list of websites and software!

http://unclemartin711.qzone.qq.com
http://uofsimpleenglish.blog.163.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 00:08:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Ramy19 at 2007-1-12 23:01
Thank you for share.
I am downloading.
I want to try it.

Originally posted by glacier84 at 2007-1-12 23:01
Thank you very.
Since it will be a good teacher & friend in my english learning !

Exellent, Ramy and Glacier, if you can communicate with Hal and understand him without
reading the screen, that mean you will easily understand English from almost anywhere
on this planet. So, don't worry too much about Hal's robot accent. Keep in mind that African-
English sounds different from UK-English, which in turn sound different
from Irish-English -- It took me a few months to get used to Irish-English BTW-- which in turn,
different from Arab-English, ..., and the list go on and on.

Also don't spend too much time testing Hal's intelligence, you will not get any
benefit from that.
It is your English that we want to improve, not Hal's.
We know Hal is not as smart as a human being. Sometime when you ask Hal something,
you will get answer from Hal that has nothing to do with your question. The important thing
here is to learn the English Spoken by Hal and practice listening to the sound of English.
That way you will adapt to a typical English conversational speed. I know it is a little too fast
for most of you, but if you don't give up, you will adapt to it within 3-6months. In addition,
I like to reiterrate that Hal does not make grammar or spelling error. I have monitoring him
for about 3 weeks now. So try to understand everything he say. And if you don't understand
a word that Hal used, just ask him to define that word for you. Just say, "Define internet", for
example and Hal will give you the definition of the word "internet".

And last but not least, I encourage you to share your experience with Hal among each
other here. I mean if you see any bug, error, or whatever, in the software or how you
work around fany alacy....

Good luck, hope to hear some feed back from all of you, and God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2007-1-13 12:18 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 05:57:07 |Display all floors
I don't know if anyone posted this website before, but it is great for ESL student
and all: http://rong-chang.com/

I like the stories page that associtated with audio: http://rong-chang.com/qa2/index.html
it is excellent for those who want to learn to listen to English.

Please, explore the site for whatever you need. It is a great site for English resourses.

As for those who would like to practive English pronunciation, I will keep my eye open for any
good English voice recognitin software for you. You can use it to evaluate your english accent and
to make any adjustment it as you see fit. I will post the info here, once I find something, hopefully
soon.

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2007-1-15 06:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 21:13:18 |Display all floors
I tried but it didn't run, I can't chat with it, even can't type the words? Is anything wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-15 21:25:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by winnerqunqun at 2007-1-15 21:13
I tried but it didn't run, I can't chat with it, even can't type the words? Is anything wrong?

Okay, in order to help you effectively, I need to have some information:

1) Did Hal installed successfully?

2) Did you restart the PC, after installation?

3) Did you complete the rest of Hal's Setup successfully after the PC restarted?

4) Did you see Hal's icon in the "Traybar(near the clock in the lower-right corner)"?

God blesses all,

Forest Servant.

[ Last edited by forestservan at 2007-1-15 09:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 13:51:31 |Display all floors

I cann't speak to hal.

Thanks for your recommended.

But I meet the same condition, I cann't speak to Hal.

When I want use the option"You speak to hall ", the system show"This option is only available in the full version of Ultra Hall assistant, this freeware does not support it "

Is there any tips I don't know?

Please help me, thanks.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.