Author: chairman

Does China face widening income gap? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-11 10:39:08 |Display all floors
deananash brings good points.

The income gap in China is becoming widen, it is true. But look into detail, we would find the gap is from few different things:

1. Unfair Social System - This is what we all know and frequently talked about such as corruption, poor or no social walfare system etc. This is what need to be fixed ASAP.

2. As deananash mentioned, the income gap between different areas. The average income in coastal provinces are way higher than western China's. If compare the middle class in coastal cities to poor farmers in western China, the gap would be as large as Americans to Somalians.

I am not sure if we could call it "unfair", probably we have to blame the god if we have to find someone to be blaimed. It will take long time to narrow down the income gap between coastal and western China.

3. Economy Transition - In some provinces such as my hometown in North East China, the economy is not as good as other coastal provinces but still much better than hinterland. The main character there is the econmy has suffered the transition from state owned economy to private. Many huge state owned companies have bankrupted whoch caused millions of laidoff workers in past 20 years. Now there are still many people live in poverty (mostly laidoff workers), but there are many people get rich from their private business. The income gap becomes larger and larger that some still in poverty and some get rich.

This type of income gap is a good thing, it is a start of economy development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 16:04:06 |Display all floors

widenning incoming gap

Originally posted by zzxxll at 2007-1-9 10:11
it is not too late to fix it.

kind regards!

In my opinion, China's economy boosts fast with the help of overseas investment in most degree. Three decades ago, China was in the trouble with most Chinese people in the starvation, so many people can't accept high education in that time. China is on the truning points with so many historical problems. In the intellectually economic times, the incoming gap is still existing and can't be elimibated in a long time(let's imagin in 50 years). We can only adopt some policies to decrease the degree of imbalance, e.g. decrease the medical price and lower the house price, and crackdown on the corruption, etc. And Chinese government should adpot more policies for farmers and farm workers.

Please express your opinion on my statement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-13 20:17:50 |Display all floors
the incoming gap is always there, sometime be dangerous to the society stability.
Personally I prefre the country to take more responsibility to her people, more social guarantee.

www.businessgiftware.biz
[url=http://www.businessgiftware.biz]Business Giftware[/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-16 21:45:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zzxxll at 2007-1-8 16:23
the gap between the haves and the have-nots is widening.

as a chinese young man, i think it is not easy to solve this problem.

it is a social problem more than a political problem.

i agree with these,too!

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2007-1-17 15:11:39 |Display all floors

Except for Seneca....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-17 15:14:06 |Display all floors

large

the gap will be larger in the future
big progress from working hard

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-20 13:44:10 |Display all floors
the central goverment shall come up with effective and feasible measures to mitigate this gap .moreover the rich class shall resonablly spend his money and take some small portion to help the poor and grassroots .a healthy social system shall be cultivated and developed .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.