Author: xieyang

religious differences between East and West (let the images speak) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-8-11 20:59:36 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-8-20 06:21:41 |Display all floors
As far as those pictures posted go...it seems Jesus wills people to experience pain and reality rather than comfort and illusion.  Those Buddha images seem to state that reality is a dream and pain is unnecessary.  Jesus came to earth as 100% God and 100% human.  So, he wants to show that he cares for his people (everyone) by suffering alongside them; but Buddha wants to show that he cares for people by offering an escapist image of heavenly comfort.  Jesus is showing that he has a heart by letting it be broken by others, whereas Buddha seems to let mind override heart, tranquil thought override painful experience.  Perhaps these images show...that Christianity offers proof of God's care whereas Buddhism offers promise of care.  Christians have something to fall back on and Buddhists have something to reach for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-21 11:53:49 |Display all floors
If Buddah had been nail to something and tortured to death, I guess it would have been depicted aswell. I don't know why it's become the main image of christianity though, but it sure is to remind us of his fate. I'm not a believer, but the story of Jesus is a very good example how cruel man can be towards each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-21 12:55:45 |Display all floors
According to Christianity, man cannot save himself by his own efforts; he can only be saved through the grace of God. The lost lamb does not go to the fend of the shepherd by itself, but is sought and carried by the shepherd on his back to the fend.

People convert to Christianity simply because it is easy to be a Christian and because it promises so much as long as you confess your loyalty to God to the exclusion of all other idols.

All Christians live on the false hope of going to heaven one day. They are the very people who build their castle on the sand beach. Sympathy goes to them.
large_LrNJ_25398e206109.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 21:21:06 |Display all floors
I'm western Christian but I much prefer and believe Buddisim is the best religion for creating and allowing a person or persons to live a better life. Buddism is more kind, loving and peaceful and non-violent.
PS:  yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah for Buddism!!!!   :)  

[size=-2]Green = environmentally
friendly post/thread.
Did u do ur green effort
today?
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-9-30 21:29:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lostsheep at 2009-9-21 12:55
According to Christianity, man cannot save himself by his own efforts; he can only be saved through the grace of God. The lost lamb does not go to the fend of the shepherd by itself, but ...

Kindly explain to me. OK?
What is the significance of the photo in ur post of the beautiful asian girl with cleavage? ur photo is inappropriate based on ur thread about religion. Is ur thread about religion or is ur thread about cleavage? Explain?

[size=-2]Green = environmentally
friendly post/thread.
Did u do ur green effort
today?
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-10-1 06:38:23 |Display all floors
I think Lostsheep has had a crisis of faith, but seems to have come to a conclusion.

(According to another thread I was reading.) Best of luck, Lostsheep.   

St. Paul invented Christianity, writing his letters in Greek and interpreting Jesus' life through

4th or 5th generation information. Thus it is a Western religion, and not an Middle Eastern one.

The early Christians referred to their movement as "The Way", and greeted each other with the sign

of a fish drawn in the sand.  A much more benign symbol than the cross.

There are many reasons as to why so much emphasis is laid on Christ's crucifixion - or "passion".

Some are not so nice.

FINALLY - Jesus' story really begins at age 30. Where was he before then? His teachings are all

compatible with Buddhism. It is not impossible for him to have travelled to the East, and learned much

wisdom.

Thanks for the thread.  Good one!   

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.