Author: eslme11

Shanghai Girls [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-9 15:18:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eslme11 at 2007-1-7 21:06
Well, that's a lot to say about Shanghai Girls.

There are some main features about Shanghai girls

One, lots shang ...

lots of shanghai girls are  superficial and materialistic.
the world is the same..
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 15:22:51 |Display all floors
for,superfical,
shanghai girl is more serious!
Time for GCT!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 15:29:27 |Display all floors
Do you know how many girls from outside of Shanghai have emigrated to shanghai in the last decade when Sh opens its door to those people that swarmed over to make fortune there?

Who do you refer to when you mention Sh girls...? Local girls or those girls who rush to Sh to pick up 'gold'...!

Use magic tools Report

spiritapple has been deleted
Post time 2007-1-9 15:41:04 |Display all floors

Re

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 16:43:26 |Display all floors

Shanghai dialect, Mandarin and Cantonese

Originally posted by johnyou at 2007-1-9 15:29
Do you know how many girls from outside of Shanghai have emigrated to shanghai in the last decade when Sh opens its door to those people that swarmed over to make fortune there?

Who do you refer ...

Wow.....

I didn't expect so many replies in just two days!

Well, Defining Shanghai girls, at least they speak Shanghainese dialect. By the way, one thing I don't get it is Shanghai is the only city where local people feel superior when they just SPEAK Shanghai dialect. If you don't speak Shanghai dialect, well, better to speak English or any other foreign language, don't speak mandarin.....once you start speaking mandarin, "lots of" shanghainese (girls) would feel they are pround being able to speak Shanghai dialect.

Cantonese people don't feel pround for speaking cantonese than mandarin, simple, it's just language and dialect, a tool to talk by. There is nothing better or worse in using which language, but "lots of" shanghainese, or should I say "lots of people in Shanghai" make a difference between "shanghai dialect and mandarin". Speaking Shanghai dialect is more pround than speaking mandarin.

If you speak mandarin with Cantonese, they will try to catch up with you and try to speak mandarin to communicate better with you even though they don't speak well. Their accent sounds cute and lovely though.

It's dangourous that people are divided by themselves into superior goups and inferior goups. The concept of equality is rooted in US constitution, in US citizens, but not in Shanghai, or more accurately, not in lots of shanghai people.

As a matter of fact, Chinese people more or less has all the features we see from shanghainese. It's just because it's Shanghai so more attention will be paid to it. I wish someday, no matter who you are, no matter how rich or poor you are, no matter what dialect you are speaking, when we start talking, we can treat everyone the same way, polite and civilized, I mean from heart, not the surface.

Respect, that's the word I want to say. People respect you not because of the language you speak with, but the attitude you speak with.

Ok, go back to our story, defining shanghai girls.

Well, that's hard to define. When you feel they are, they are.

[ Last edited by eslme11 at 2007-1-9 04:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 16:56:13 |Display all floors
I tried a few times editing my misspelling " pround" to "proud", it just didn't work. Something wrong with the system?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-9 17:33:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eslme11 at 2007-1-9 16:56
I tried a few times editing my misspelling " pround" to "proud", it just didn't work. Something wrong with the system?

It seems u're the one who knows all the answers to any Q's about Shanghai...lol, i hope i can hear your comments on shanghai girls first..! then i'll probably come up with some Q's about Shanghai girls or ladies which i think u'll able to deliver satisfactory answers...can u?lol

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.