Author: theshepherd

Why we must embrace China as a Partner? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-9 08:34:02 |Display all floors
a deepsight article

and something you must act is the article so long
,the word so little and i so tire

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-9 22:33:48 |Display all floors
Interesting article.  But it did not mention how China can reduce its trade deficit with America, the central contention of pressuring yuan to rise, not just the loss of manufacturing jobs in America.

[ Last edited by wastetime at 2007-4-10 12:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-10 09:25:55 |Display all floors
no matter how interesting this article is, the first fore most important thing for  me to focus is to rich my work experiences and keep my job during the potential crisis in the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 12:54:35 |Display all floors
profound  analysisi! I learned much frome your analysis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 16:09:02 |Display all floors
A very good report.  Thanks
I think the greatest thing China has to fear is a drastic reduction in American imports of Chinese goods.  China's cheep goods have allowed the world to have kept the prices of goods relatively low for a decade and reduced inflation and interest rates as well.  America and the west have benefited greatly but so have many Chinese.  The poor and the workers who work under poor conditions have not got as much out of the deal so far.  I believe the Government has to act to slowly raise minimum wages and encourage those companies that have better labor policies.  As some of the enormous profits are shared with those with less power and influence the amount consumption of domestic and American goods will increase thus helping to decrease the trade deficit with out harming Chinese production.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 21:10:45 |Display all floors

Sad for the Chinese

This article is trying its best to persuade Americans to leave China alone, not for China's sake, but for its own.

The cheap yuan benefits the USA, argues the article. China is under pressure to ensure the value of yuan stay low for the sake of its low-income and wasteful peasant and labor population ( in terms of production efficienty), which if not carefully tended, is going to trigger a whole set of repercussions.

To stay open is to "walk the talk", because even without US interference, China will have to improve its system, otherwise it will experience the process of self-destruction.

In other words, USA doesn't have to say anything, just let nature take its course. China has only one way to go, and itself to blame.

It's China's own problem. It's the middle class and ruling class and peasants' struggle for the right value of yuan. China is walking on a tight rope. The US just have to sit back and watch.

Sigh....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 00:11:15 |Display all floors
if  the percentage of yuan  get rised ,i cheap can afford to buy some foreign fashinal goods what is now expesive,and can travel
more cheaper around the world.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.