Author: cestmoi

When is an American not an American? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-26 23:27:52 |Display all floors

When is an American not an American ?

When I hear half-decent English spoken by someone who later claims to be an American, I am inclined to think they're really a Canadian, pulling my leg...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-28 05:32:51 |Display all floors

Reply #28 middlekingdo's post

Mayhaps you would do well to note that China is a developing country.
---------------------
I can see your logic.... anything Chinese do can be excused, but anything America does cannot.

Yeah, right.  China is NOT a developing country.  My next door neighbor just moved in, but he is not a "developing" neighbor.  The USA by that definition is a developing nation.  Any nation that has nuclear weapons and the ability to kill every living thing on the planet 10 times over is NOT a developing nation.
www.foxnews.com
We report.  You decide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-29 15:41:50 |Display all floors

Reply #30 fyrstar's post

That's deep, Mr. Frystar!

ha ha ha

Well! It's call the "Pecking Order", and USA has the habit of  "bullying" to show it position in that "pecking order"
That's what it is all about.
You cannot avoid "The Way", but how you do and behave when you recreate the "Pecking Order" is crucial.

ie. nice guy (and thus deserve to be high on pecking order) or bad guy (and deserve to be low in the world's ecological level.)

ha ha ha

Green Dragon
Lord of the code
Third Force

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-31 13:16:04 |Display all floors

An answer

I think the only credible person to determine the qualifications of an Americans is the American citizen. If you're not from the United States, and you're not able to vote..

SHUT UP!  

If you haven't visited our country and met Americans.. SHUT UP!!

You have no right to criticize our country until your information is first hand, and you're not relying on your heavily censored media..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 10:28:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fyrstar at 2007-1-28 05:32
Mayhaps you would do well to note that China is a developing country.
---------------------
I can see your logic.... anything Chinese do can be excused, but anything America does cannot.

Yeah, ...

1st of all, ask ANY economist in the World and he/ she will always tell you that China is a developing country.  
2nd of all, what's this "kill everything in the world 10 times over?".  BullSh*t.  Check the statistics, China has like 10 DongFeng-31s.  Hardly anything compared to America's 7,000 advanced Nuclear Weapons.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 10:29:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seaninsf at 2007-1-31 13:16
I think the only credible person to determine the qualifications of an Americans is the American citizen. If you're not from the United States, and you're not able to vote..

SHUT UP!  

If you ...

I am an American citizen and I can vote so therefore I fulfil all your expectations.  Now can I start criticizing?
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-1 12:52:48 |Display all floors
who forgot the 5000+ years of history / culture?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.