Author: eightyeight

FOR CHINA TO HAVE PEACE, IT MUST BE POWERFUL! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-19 17:28:04 |Display all floors

True! But I wish China

be wise on the word "power". Don't get lost in the crazy game of "vanity show"---maximization of GDP to reach the top of list. I do not see it means a lot to us, and I have this strange feeling that the west is luring China into this web by frequently exposing him into the spotlight. China does not make a star out of himself, it' the world, to be precise, the West.

I do not mean we should withdraw and go back where we were. The point I'm delivering here is that China, like an individual, needs some time to be alone and think which way to go. The chaotic noise of the world does not help a bit.

The 21st century is not a Chinese history, and there is no way for a single country to hold up the sky on his own. The world belongs to the world, every single living creatures on this planet.

We want peace, and peace is guaranteed on power. I firmly believe this. Throughout dealing with the West, China should understand what the jungle rule really is. I do not believe it is the truth of this world, nor do I believe it's the solution to Peace. Everyone is praying for Peace, everyone believes they are approaching Peace! Are we? How? By non-stoppable accusation of "You hurt me"?

The West seems much more excited about China's booming. They are not satisfied with China's solo show. They want India in, of course without India's official consent. They put on a grand show of "Dragon vs. Elephant". And they are enthusiastic to a perverted level by doing academic research on this topic, publish it, and publicize it like they themselves are convinced they do care about China and India. Well, thanks for their concern. We cannot say we don't need that, but we just don't feel comfortable in their bed of roses. We feel like we don't deserve all this, no matter the praise or the condemnation. The truth is We are shyer than you think.

What can we do about the West's broadway show tailor-made to China? Obviously it would be very impolite and traightup rude to say"shut the f*** up. That's no good to our hard-earned good image. I guess we can only try to cool ourselves down by sitting silently in a lotus position. The loud noise has long covered our seren and still heart. Now's the time, I think, for China to quiet down and touch on the earth because that's  where the strength comes from. I hope India and other countries will join us. When you find the peace inside, then you will be able to be at peace with others.

Allow me to plagerize one of Tagore' poem to conclude my post:

When I give up the helm I know that the time has come for thee to take it. What there is to do will be instantly done. Vain is thi struggle!

Then take away your hands and silently put up with your defeat,my heart, and think it your good fortune to sit perfectly still where you are placed.

These my lamps are blown out at every little puff of wind, and trying to light them I forget all else again and again.

But I shall be wise this time and wait in the dark, spreding my mat on the floor: and whenver it is thy pleasure, my lord, come silently and take thy seat here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-19 17:38:16 |Display all floors

I nearly forgot to say "Hello" to 88!

HELLO, 88! LONG TIME NO TALK! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

LET ME GIVE YOU A BIG HUG FROM HERE.

THAT'S A REAL TIGHT, WARM HUG.

I AM STARTING TO WRITE MY THESIS. IT'S ABOUT LINGUISTIC. PRETTY TOUGH JOB, STILL HALF WAY THROUGH IT. BUT I FEEL QUITE GOOD BECAUSE I DEVOTE MYSELF TO IT. REALLY ENJOYABLE. OH, THE TITLE IS "THE GRAMMATICALIZATION OF HAVE IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE". IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTION, LET ME KNOW!

BEST BEST BEST REGARDS.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 22:34:25 |Display all floors

Reply #37 robbiexie's post

Hi robbiexie!

Sorry to take so long getting back to you, I don't look over here to often, I generally waste a lot of time in chairman's UTT thread for laughs and glimpse at the China, US and America section mostly.

I will be back in Guangzhou in a few days -- still have another thing or two to accomplish before I head back.

I can only look over your stuff and give you some suggestions, you know, you still have to make your mark on your own, but i will be pleased to see how your outline goes if you PM it to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 05:18:47 |Display all floors

Anglow BS

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 05:21:22 |Display all floors

Hello

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-28 10:49:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jetsam at 2007-3-28 05:21
Goodbye

Looking for some attention, jetsam?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-29 00:16:49 |Display all floors

Reuters BS

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.