Author: markis

Why does everyone ask me "Why don't you date one of your students?" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-3 14:14:10 |Display all floors
That is weird, I don't understand that either, Maybe because you are foreigner?! but I know, generally, it is not so good that teacher go out with student. but love should be without any restriction, right? I think it is nothing about if they are your students, it is about if you have feelings to any of them, if she worth it, what do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-3 16:48:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markis at 2007-1-2 02:38
I teach at Tsinghua (Qingua) University and it seems like ALMOST everyone I talk to (they all know I am looking for a girlfriend) asks me "Why don't you date your students?".  

First,  ...

cuz we r living in a world full of morons
11664d8wje6k99e.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-3 17:51:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by katewannab21 at 2007-1-3 16:48

cuz we r living in a world full of morons

...... including us?......
Wanna change my avatar...
Why always showing "PRADA"?!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-3 18:08:10 |Display all floors
surely not honey...
u avril the sexy punker lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-3 18:21:53 |Display all floors

I second Markis' opinion

The love affairs between doctors and patients, teachers and students, bosses and subordinates, directors and the actors/actresses, errrrr...priests and followers, are always, in most of the cases, of controversial.  This is because of the superiority, socially or psychologically, the former have over the latter.  And because of the dependance of the latter on the former, the latter are always reluctant/hard to reject the "love" invitation from the former.

So, I second Markis.  As a teacher, take it serious before you want to date a student and don't always take advantage of the admiration of the student to you as a signal of love "invitation".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 10:07:45 |Display all floors

Reply #12 afri_simba's post

That really teaches me something... you're right in terms of sociology.
Wanna change my avatar...
Why always showing "PRADA"?!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-4 16:30:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by katewannab21 at 2007-1-3 18:08
surely not honey...
u avril the sexy punker lol

Very good comment! I agree with you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.