Views: 9185|Replies: 30

Which would you choose? (a question to guys) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-1-1 11:30:53 |Display all floors
If you had to choose between an ugly girl with a wonderful great personality or a cute girl with a really nasty personality, which one would you choose? and why?

[ Last edited by nightship at 2007-1-1 11:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 11:53:48 |Display all floors
Happy New Year at first :)

- How ugly is the girl in question, since beauty is relative, perhaps if that girl is decent looking with a great personality then it's ok

However, answering the question I believe in the long run, personality wins .......
Looks are relevant in the really phases of attraction between two people but something needs to hold the initial interest and that glue is called personality.
"You do not have a second chance at making a first impression"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 12:18:36 |Display all floors
I posted the thread on my school BBS, I thought at least half people would choose the first, but to my surprise most guys choose the second. They say it's more important for a guy to have a good-looking girlfriend than it is for a girl to have a good-looking boyfriend. And If the outside is nice, they could somehow change the inside.

Originally posted by dongiovanni at 2007-1-1 11:53
Happy New Year at first :)

- How ugly is the girl in question, since beauty is relative, perhaps if that girl is decent looking with a great personality then it's ok

However, answering the qu ...

"Decent looking with a great personality" is choice c, I'm not missing c,   because everyone knows guys would take the easy way out and choose the c.  

I know guys aren't the same, I'm curious to knwo what the majority opinion is on the way a girl looks.

[ Last edited by nightship at 2007-1-1 12:20 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 13:29:22 |Display all floors
I would choose A as I am a male version of A I know what A has to offer if people took the time to see past the outside and to look inside a person, and yes I am a hypocrite as I like beautiful girls as well.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 13:35:54 |Display all floors
I really can't answer this question the way you've worded it.  Let me illustrate:

If you're talking about a relatively short-term relationship, one night stand, or something like that, my first choice would likely be the more attractive girl.  But if her personality was not good, the relationship wouldn't last very long.  The less attractive girl, I'll admit I wouldn't initially chase her so actively, but if we got to know each other and found that we were compatible, I could certainly develop a more serious relationship with her.

It also depends on what you mean by 'ugly'.  For example, I know a girl whose face was terribly disfigured in a fire years ago, and by any standards, her face is not at all attractive.  But she's one of the sweetest, kindest girls I know, and she has an excellent husband and a great relationship.  I would not feel strong attraction to a girl like that the first time I met her, I'll admit; but I could see myself growing to love her.

On the other hand, a woman who's really obese...or very dirty...I could never, ever, ever develop a romantic interest in such a person, regardless of how nice her personality was.  Friends, yes.  Romance, no.

Intelligence is definitely a huge factor for me.  I remember a few years ago, I went to a party with an extremely attractive date...she was easily the most beautiful woman there.  Every guy at the party (and many of the women) were watching her constantly.  Only one problem...she had very few operational brain cells.  She was a nice, sweet girl, but it was impossible to carry on a conversation about anything other than her favorite TV soap operas or what color shoes she should buy.  At the party, I met another girl who was pretty average in appearance, but really sharp, and we shared many of the same ideas, etc.  When I started talking to her, I forgot completely about the much more beautiful woman I'd brought with me.  Afterwards, my friends all told me that they thought I was insane, ignoring such a sexy woman.

My ideal choice -- a gorgeous woman, with a sweet personality, and high intelligence.  But if I had to choose only two of those three characteristics, I'd definitely choose personality and intelligence.  Well...that is, if we're talking about a long-term relationship.  If we're talking about a one night stand, then beauty almost certainly wins out.  Yeah, I can be a shallow person at times ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 14:17:57 |Display all floors

Sorry! I have both..

My wife is so cute and she has motional beauty that not stop springing...

I've been married about 9 years, but  that spring is still going on...

I think there is no ugly girl with a wonderful great personality or a cute girl with a really nasty personality.

If she have good mind she will looks beautiful but doesn't sucks...

May this question will ask about both limits....but limited person is not easy to meet... ^^;
Cosym@nate.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-1-1 16:06:03 |Display all floors
When I meet a woman at the first sight I will give her a score ,and of course which have a direct proportion with her looks.But making friends need time to know each other,the further intercourse with her can change the score sharply.Commonly I shall give the one who share the similar interest with me a high score regardless her look.So I am second for canadianguy,if I make a choice in a hurry mostly I shall take B, but if give me enough time ,I  think A is my final choice.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.